JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Panel Fell Off and Shattered!!

(Topic created: yesterday)
SaraKate38
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We bought a 77 inch OLED TV only 7 months ago and paid over $2,000 for it. We went out of town for the weekend and came back to the front panel shattered on the floor. The back of the TV was still attached to the mount and the screen just came unglued and fell off. The screen is extremely heavy and landed right where my small kids normally sit and play. It hit the ground hard enough to damage our hardwood floors. THIS IS A DANGEROUS ISSUE!!! Someone is going to get hurt or killed over these cheaply made TVs! We contacted Samsung and they ran us around in circles and now say it could be weeks before they get this resolved (IF they get it resolved). Completely unacceptable!! A $2,000 TV should last more than 7 months!! I’m never dealing with Samsung again.

2 Replies
Gunshot
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Ok does it have a bracket for screen or do you have it sitting on a small edge or lip to rest the heavy tv that you bought 77in is like a theater sļcreen,plus it held by glue that gets soft from heat like say oled screen and if its tilted leaning forward and heat rises so guess what gets hotter frist,i would see if they have a way to fasten the tv to a clear fiberglass retainer, but remember samsung is complying to a government system since it is imported goods and must be check i guess or could be also that there costumer support is redirected by hackers or maybe you needed a professional installer to do a porper installation with recommended tips like keep tv tilted back un tile used
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Oh no! @SaraKate38 I hope everything is okay! Please feel free to call in at 1-800-726-7864 to get this looked at as soon as possible. Or if you prefer please send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and the information below.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Pictures of the TV and Floor: