JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Stop Samsung Remote From Turning Off DirecTV Receiver.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
ari6000
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey there,

So the remote for my new Samsung TV UN50DU8000FXZA is turning off my DirecTV receiver when I turn off the TV. I have never set it up to do that. I would like my TV remote to only control the TV. I want the DirecTV receiver to always be on. 

Note: I have AnyNet turned ON on my Samsung TV but I want that because I want my Roku and DirecTV to toggle back and forth when I hit any of those remote buttons.

In Direct TV settings, I tried turning off the HDMI input but that wouldn't allow the toggling between Roku and DirecTV.

So how can I simply stop my Samsung Remote power button from turning off DirecTV receiver? Thanks!!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello @ari6000! Thank you for reaching out! With anynet+ turned on this will force this to occur. Unfortunately, there is no specific option to turn this feature off. It will either be anynet+ on or off.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello @ari6000! Thank you for reaching out! With anynet+ turned on this will force this to occur. Unfortunately, there is no specific option to turn this feature off. It will either be anynet+ on or off.