Original topic:

Switching Alexa voice from my tv to my tablet

(Topic created: a week ago)
SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I have Alexa both on my Smart TV and on my tablet. When I ask a question it can be listened to either from the tablet or the television but when Alexa talks back to me, I can barely hear it because the volume is so soft compared to the show that I had on. Is there any way I can change it so that the voice responds on my tablet instead of the television or is there a way to turn up the volume on Alexa without affecting the television show's volume? Galaxy Tab S9+ and 65" Class Samsung Neo QLED 4K QN85D
4 Replies
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Have you tried in the Alexa app under Voice Responses, then try to enable Adaptive Volume as that will make her voice louder when there is ambient noise, i.e. tv, other background noise. I'm really not sure, but that would be a good feature to have for each device set her volume. In the Alexa app, I only have 1 device and can set the volume in the app under the device. I did ask how to make her voice louder but was b told to tell her to change her voice and that didn't work. I think it's the Adaptive listening, though. What do you think?
SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Well I know when I set everything up it gave me the option of listening through the tablet or through the TV and I chose the TV. It was a mistake. I can't find that setting anywhere. I did take your advice and checked different voices and I'd have chosen one which is louder for me so thank you very much. I can hear it better now and I appreciate your help.
0 Likes
SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Well holy cow. I figured it out accidentally. When I am talking to Alexa on my television, it replies on my television. If I open smart things on my tablet and just leave the tablet on with smart things open Alexa will start talking through my tablet instead of my television.
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
LED and OLED TVs

So smart things made it work.? I don't use smart things but I will have to try it.