Original topic:

remote control problems

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
jkhcast
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

i just purchased my 3rd remote for my 55" QLED TV. The same issue has happened on each and I'm wondering if it is actually my TV. When i I turn on the TV with the power button on the remote for the first time in the morning, one of two things happens. It either stays on (and then another issue happens) or it immediately shuts back off. If it stays on, then the next button i push, whether the sound button or the home button or the channel button, the TV turns back off again. Once it turns off i can turn it back on again with the remote and this time it will stay on. I can use it all day long with no more issues at this point, but when i attempt to turn it back on the next morning, the same issues. I thought maybe it was the remote, but this is the third remote (original Samsung, not universal), and all 3 have done the same thing. Anyone else having this issue with their remote/TV?

3 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Have you run the diagnostic test would seem a software issue
0 Likes
mikeike
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I bought a samsung 55in 4k TV and I will admit that I am technically challenged. And am very unhappy and frustrated. I will soon buy a inexpensive remote. Maybe one day I will master my original l
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! @jkhcast Thank you so much for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist. You want to make sure your TV's firmware is up to date. Sometimes software bugs can cause strange behavior, and a firmware update can fix this.  Can you ensure that there isn't an energy-saving mode or eco-mode setting that might affect how it powers on and off? Also if none of the above work you might want to consider a factory reset on the Tv.  Here's a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

Please let us now if this helps

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes