JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

43" Odyssey Neo G7 4K UHD 144Hz - possible DSC issues

(Topic created: 06-07-2023 03:45 AM)
Pragmatic_Tornado
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is a strange one. Received this monitor yesterday, and after testing it for a bit, I noticed noise in the picture, like white dots flickering, most noticeable on white background elements. That's when the monitor is running at 120hz. If I then up it to 144hz, the desktop gets completely crazy and refuses to display a proper picture, instead dividing into like 8 segments on the screen. If I however turn it down to 60hz, the problem is gone immediately, without the need for a reboot (turning it back to 120hz and the problem comes back). HDR is turned off in Windows.

If I restart the PC, it has fixed the problem (so far). Same if I unplug the DP cable and plug it back in. Using the supplied DP cable that came with the monitor.

I tried updating the GPU driver (with clean install) which didn't help. I also tried installing the monitor driver, but that was just now so no idea if that will do anything. I have VRR enabled on the monitor and G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel. Tried turning it off, which did not fix the issue.

My previous monitor was a Samsung CRG9 49" 5120x1440 @ 120hz - which never had this issue. That would have used slightly less bandwidth, but still would have relied on DSC.

Furthermore, my Vive Pro 2, which is a 5K headset @ 120hz, pushes the DP interface far more than this 4K monitor, and does not present any issues.

Checked for firmware updates, but apparently Samsung forgot all about this monitor the second they released it.

PC Specs:

i9 13900KF (not overclocked)
MSI Suprim X 4090 (not overclocked)
MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY DDR5
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6400MHz 32GB CL3
Asus 27" G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q secondary monitor - running at 1440p @ 60hz, via HDMI through a
Yamaha RX-A6A Aventage 9.2 Receiver
HTC Vive Pro 2 VR headset running through DP - but this is always turned off via the linkbox unless I'm using it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange with your new monitor having these issues. And it seems like you went through all the troubleshooting that can be done. I would recommend speaking with the retailer to see about getting an exchange as soon as possible. If you prefer we can also set this up for service you will just need to send us a private message with your full model and serial number.  And the following information:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange with your new monitor having these issues. And it seems like you went through all the troubleshooting that can be done. I would recommend speaking with the retailer to see about getting an exchange as soon as possible. If you prefer we can also set this up for service you will just need to send us a private message with your full model and serial number.  And the following information:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: