JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't update firmware on Odyssey G7 due to USB issue?

(Topic created: 04-21-2021 01:29 PM)
userErbb5X2iFg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm using a FAT32 formatted USB drive and doing the correct USB port "SERVICE". Only the update file is on the drive. Still repeatedly get the "software files are unable to be located..." whatever message. I also tried Rufus like some people mentioned and formatted it through there and made it non-bootable. Still didn't change anything. I'm stuck on 1007 and 1009.3 is the current

7 Replies
ffg
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
hey
0 Likes
userErbb5X2iFg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Need help 😕 Can't get the newest update to fix the flickering issue because of this.

0 Likes
Solution
userErbb5X2iFg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just fixed this by getting a brand new USB 3.0 flash drive. My other one was USB 3.0 too, but not sure why it didn't work. 

userTsAZ86nszk
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi i have the g7 faker edition are we supposed to use 3.0 i thought it was 2.0? Can you please tell me what usb you used? I just bought mine and it is on version 1002 and 1009.3 is out im way behind thanks

0 Likes
userPAHIHfD06j
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

what USB did you use and where can i get it

0 Likes
ffg
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
bshuc
0 Likes
userSPIU0LfdUq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Be sure you are applying firmware to the right monitor. The Faker Edition for example has a different firmware series and will report that it does not see anything useful, as it were. If you have no problems and you're just wanting the latest software, think twice, this is unnecessary and even potentially harmful.  Just saying.

0 Likes