JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disappointed With Samsung Odyssey G7 Extreme Ghosting

(Topic created: 04-21-2021 04:57 AM)
userw3x0uJaAuq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I purchased a Samsung Odyssey G7 27" monitor a few months ago and I have been struggling with extreme ghosting on the monitor ever since. I bought this monitor because every post and review online said it was the best looking and fastest panel they've used before. I have not had that same experience. I upgraded to this monitor from a 144hz Asus monitor to avoid ghosting while playing competitive FPS games and the level of ghosting is the same. From a low priced 144hz Asus monitor to a 700$ deluxe 244hz Samsung monitor the level of ghosting is the same. I believe that other people do not experience this, I have many friends who use a 240hz Alienware monitor that is several hundred dollars cheaper and when we compare ghosting they have relatively none and I have an extreme amount. This is extremely annoying and I am very upset with my purchase, I wish I had saved money and bought a cheaper Alienware 240hz. If somebody could help me I would be ecstatic. (If you don't know what ghosting is it is when there are afterimages of everything you look at while moving around in a game. It makes everything extremely blurry. This should not happen on such a fast monitor.)

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110725/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes