Original topic:

Full screen not displaying - Samsung Odyssey 49" C49RG9

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 12:05 PM)
userV7LyNUvLLE
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have a Samsung Odyssey 49" and the full screen is not displaying when I connect an HDMI cable or any of the other cable connections.

The panel on the left says "check the cable connection and the settings of the source device displayport1"

I've tried other HDMI cables and other cable types but still no luck.

I'm using the monitor with a MacBook pro-2019 on Big Sur... I also tried on another MacBook pro-2015 - they both are still giving me this area

Is this a common issue? Is there a workaround or fix to this?

Please see the pictures below

IMG_8605.jpgIMG_8608.PNGIMG_8610.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello there, it appears from the error message you're receiving the monitor is not seeing a signal from the mac. I recommend verifying the port is working on the Macbook itself and verifying that you are using a cable rated at DP 1.4 for the best possible picture outcome. I apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to send a private message if further research is required. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello there, it appears from the error message you're receiving the monitor is not seeing a signal from the mac. I recommend verifying the port is working on the Macbook itself and verifying that you are using a cable rated at DP 1.4 for the best possible picture outcome. I apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to send a private message if further research is required. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes