JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I unmute the speakers on my new C24F396 monitor?

(Topic created: 12-11-2021 04:27 PM)
Members_FmFlbyM
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I downloaded the users manual and it says that I can only see the volume control when my source is set to HDMI. Since I am connecting to my laptop via an HDMI connection, I don't know why it keeps showing me the Analog menu.

When I try to set the source to HDMI, nothing seems to happen. I had the volume control once, and accidentally clicked on mute. Now I can't get to the volume control at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Members_FmFlbyM It's probably because that monitor has an audio out port so you can connect headphones or external speakers.

I have a different brand monitor that has no speakers but does have audio output jack. My computer on reboot wants to change audio to it constantly. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Members_FmFlbyM All the information I see indicates that the C24F396 monitor does not have built in speakers. 

0 Likes
Members_FmFlbyM
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

That would explain why I can't set sound. But my computer keeps telling me that it is connected to display audio, so I am still somewhat confused. It's not the end of the world, as I have a perfectly good headset.  Thank you for trying to help.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Members_FmFlbyM It's probably because that monitor has an audio out port so you can connect headphones or external speakers.

I have a different brand monitor that has no speakers but does have audio output jack. My computer on reboot wants to change audio to it constantly. 

0 Likes