Original topic:

Issues with Samsung 990 PRO 4TB with heatsink/disappeared from BIOS

(Topic created: yesterday)
Jedchado
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello all,

I bought Samsung NVME SSD 4TB on January, i installed a windows 11 on it and been using it for gaming mainly, i have a second drive ( not samsung) where i installed Linux distro, today, while my laptop was on ( in windows partition) it just restarted for no reason and i no longer can boot my Windows partition and my Samsung SSD is no longer listed in disk management ( Linux version of disk management) i can't access the SSD from linux neither nor in the BIOS, it's like it just disappeared

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened ? anyone for help please ?

If you will suggested some apps to check partitions and so on, fyi, i'm on linux right now and don't have access to windows.

And sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

Thank you all.

4 Replies
Jedchado
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

20240722_210821.jpg20240722_210812.jpg

0 Likes
Jedchado
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's how i see it right now, when i try to boot windows, i get the message in the first photo

0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
If your Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSD has disappeared from BIOS and disk management tools in Linux, check the physical connections and ensure the SSD is securely connected. Verify that your power supply is stable, and update the SSD firmware using Samsung's Magician software, if possible. Enter BIOS/UEFI to see if the SSD is detected there. Use Linux tools like lsblk, fdisk, or dmesg to check for recognition or errors. If the SSD is still not recognized, try it in another computer
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
That's all I got šŸ˜­
0 Likes