JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Loose USB and Thunderbolt ports on Samsung SR65 monitors

(Topic created: 12-07-2023 04:33 PM)
Gabrielle_B
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought a 27" and a 24" monitor in the same series for my 2022 MacBook Air. NONE of the USB-C or Thunderbolt connections will stay in place on either monitor. They fall out of the ports. I've pushed them in hard, and the connectors fit very snugly into the Mac ports. I've seen other posts where people have to tape the things in place and I've wondered if I have to do the same thing. I've tried just holding the cable in the port as hard as I can, but there's no connection with the Mac. 

Do I have to return these things? In the other posts, NO ONE responded to them. If I have to return them I'm dumping them in a giant box. They're worthless. I'm taking my T4 cables shopping tonight.

The HDMI cables are also mercurial. I don't think you should have to CONSTANTLY have to disconnect everything, turn everything off and rebuild the connections from scratch. You've placed the ports in the clumsiest position possible and reconnecting is a major endeavor.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustragtin with the cables not staying connected. If the cables are falling out of the ports on their on I would recommend taking this back for an exchange. As this not normal behavior for this to occur. If you want to we can also get service on the monitors, but as these will have to be shipped into get repaired. If you wish to go this route please call in at 1 (800) 726-7864.

View solution in context

5 Replies
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory
@Gabrielle_B

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Monitors.

The issue you are experiencing with your Samsung Monitors is not how the cables should normally fit. It sounds like the Thunderbolt Connectors and USB C Connectors on the Monitors are damaged. If you have another port to use your Samsung Monitors with your Macbook. Please use a known good port (if applicable)

Continuing to add additional stress on the ports of your Samsung Monitors Ports. Could cause an electric short in either of your Samsung Monitors or worse damage the ports on your Macbook because of an electrical short.

It's best to refrain from using those ports for the time being. Until you have tested them with the new cables. If you find that the new cables don't work. Your Samsung Monitors will require service.

If you would like additional information on how to contact Samsung for service. Please reply and I will gladly provide the information to you. I'd suggest at least checking with Samsung or a Service Center on the estimated costs to repair the monitors.

You will probably find at this point that it will be cheaper to buy new monitors. Again, look around and then you can decide what option you would like to take. Thank you!
0 Likes
Gabrielle_B
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So 2 brand new monitors have the same issue. The HDMI setup is also non-functional. And you're saying I have to get them repaired. I don't think so.

0 Likes
userebYxEFtM7L
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hi
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory
@Samsung_Moderator
@Gabrielle_B

I've sent a Direct Message to the Samsung Moderator to assist you with your questions.

Thank you for using the Samsung Community. I wish you the best positive outcome. Thank you!1702074449649.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustragtin with the cables not staying connected. If the cables are falling out of the ports on their on I would recommend taking this back for an exchange. As this not normal behavior for this to occur. If you want to we can also get service on the monitors, but as these will have to be shipped into get repaired. If you wish to go this route please call in at 1 (800) 726-7864.