JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Monitor C24RG5 randomly goes black for a second

(Topic created: 07-24-2022 05:37 AM)
user1j6s0B5zN2
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, so as mentioned in the title of this post my monitor randomly goes black for a second and then turns back on and it does that all the time, ever since I bought this monitor I had this issue but I could never find an answer, anyone else has this problem or maybe you have a solution? 

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. There may be a simple fix for this. Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110725/

Also please make sure to check all connections, cables, display settings and to make sure that the firmware is up to date. 

If the steps in the link does not help I would recommend also making sure the monitor is also plugged directly to the wall and not through a surge protector. 

Also if you have the monitors model LS27R750UENXZA or LS32R750UENXZA, you may need a replacement Y cable please contact us directly at  1 (800) 726-7864 to see if you are still within warranty to get one shipped out. 

If none of this helps then this will require service, depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

21 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. There may be a simple fix for this. Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110725/

Also please make sure to check all connections, cables, display settings and to make sure that the firmware is up to date. 

If the steps in the link does not help I would recommend also making sure the monitor is also plugged directly to the wall and not through a surge protector. 

Also if you have the monitors model LS27R750UENXZA or LS32R750UENXZA, you may need a replacement Y cable please contact us directly at  1 (800) 726-7864 to see if you are still within warranty to get one shipped out. 

If none of this helps then this will require service, depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Spaceway
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I own the neo G9 (LS49AG950NUXEN) and have a few issues.

I recently saw a post named "Samsung G9 Neo - Windows 11 HDR flickers off and on every few hours" but the thread was stated as solved, so I am creating a new one. I have a similar issue.

After upgrading to windows 11 my monitor keeps going black, like it's changing source, while entering different apps (games, edge, visual studio, whatever) and then it switches back on after a few seconds. When it happens, the OSD displays the current source like it is switching source.

At first I thought it was related to HDR, but it also happens without HDR enabled in windows.

I have updated to the most recent firmware using USB, but the file is from march 2022.

I don't know if it's related, but sometimes I cant wake the monitor from sleep using just mouse/keyboard. I have to press the on/off button on the monitor to wake it up. 

I also get pretty nasty scanlines, but I guess that is unrelated and I have sorta learned to live with that.

Hope you can help fix the source/blackout issue as it's pretty annoying.

Thank you!

Spaceway
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I should add what I've tried to resolve the issue.

Update nvidia drives.

Changing cable (using the one that came with the monitor) but tried another DP cable with same issue.

Changing cable port on gpu.

Windows update.

0 Likes
Spaceway
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Any chance of a reply :)?

0 Likes
TheSandman_
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I just purchased a Neo G8 a few days ago mysellf, I am having the same issues as well, I see it more during gaming..
0 Likes
TheSandman_
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I purchased a USB-C to Displayport cable, it seems to have fixed the issue with the black screen flickering, I'm able to run HDR with no problems now.
0 Likes
Dukis
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I am having the same issue. I was hoping somone would have replied to this with a solution
0 Likes
orbitpro
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just got the flagship Samsung S95C and I have this exact issue on my PC. It's mad I've read people getting this issue as far back as 2019 on different TV models. @Communityuser3049203 any ideas on how to fix this? PC (Windows 11) is all up to date and so is the TV. I never had this issue with the LG C1

0 Likes
bitpusher1010
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

>>I don't know if it's related, but sometimes I cant wake the monitor from sleep using just mouse/keyboard. I have to press the on/off button on the monitor to wake it up. 

I'm having this issue also. Would like an explanation. Why have to cold boot the monitor to get it back on-line?

0 Likes