Original topic:

Monitor issues

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 08:59 PM)
Elym97
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, 

I have a curved Odysey model LC49HG90DMNXZA. Every now and then, the monitor has strikes when I turn it on. Sometimes, restarting my laptop fixes the issue, other times I need to unplug and plug the monitor. 
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Elym97
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I left the monitor plugged in directly to the laptop without the docking station and so far it's working fine.  It may have been the docking station then?

I guess I can get rid of the docking station, I just had my set up to use 2 laptops using the pbp option but one keyboard, camera, etc. 

Are there any docking stations that may work better with this type of monitor? 

View solution in context

6 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hello there,

Maybe the cable you are using is damaged. Have you tried using another one?

Also, I would recommend using a Display Port 1.1 or better for that monitor if you can get one.

Let me know if this helps.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend if what @SergioRC20 said does not help to also try another source such as a console or other laptop/desktop if possible just to see if this still occurs. 

Elym97
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you both! I’ve tried different HDMI cables and 2 different docking stations. I’ve also tried connecting it to different laptops to see if the issue persists and unfortunately it keeps happening. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just one last thing just to make sure there's not some sort of compatibility issue, does this still occur without the docking station? If this still occurs without it this will be something that will require service. 

0 Likes
Solution
Elym97
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I left the monitor plugged in directly to the laptop without the docking station and so far it's working fine.  It may have been the docking station then?

I guess I can get rid of the docking station, I just had my set up to use 2 laptops using the pbp option but one keyboard, camera, etc. 

Are there any docking stations that may work better with this type of monitor? 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's good to hear that it is working now! Unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations for a good docking station, I would recommend using Google and Reddit to help get some good information on one. 

0 Likes