JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Neo G9 57inch firmware - USB UPGRADE FAILS

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 08:55 PM)
jshilling
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung sent out an email a few weeks ago to customers suggesting they upgrade the firmware on the G9 57" Dual UHD monitor.  There are countless posts online where users are unable to install the firmware on both the USA and UK sites.  The "FILE NOT FOUND" error appears after inserting the USB drive into the service port and initiating the upgrade via the software menu.    Does anyone have a fix for this? 

I have tried both the USA and UK files.  And I have attempted both the 1004.1 and 1005.3 disk image files.  I have used a USB Drive just as suggested using the service port on the back of the monitor.  A friend has the same monitor and gets the same error results.    

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_EMcPsE3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

After nothing else worked for me as well, I found this USB format procedure on a reddit post about an older G9 model where people were also having the issue of the file not being found. Same drive that my monitor couldn't find the file on worked after this. It did take about 30 minutes or so for my 32 gb flash drive to finish formatting, but after this I unzipped the file, plugged it into the service port, and instantly worked.

Format steps:

• Open a Command Window (cmd)
  • Enter diskpart
  • Enter list disk (it is important you KNOW which disk is the USB key you are formatting)
  • Enter select disk x where x is your USB key
  • Enter clean
  • Enter create part primary
  • Enter select part 1
  • Enter active
  • Enter format fs=fat32 label="Optional" (Label is optional - ensures USB key is labelled as ''Optional'' in Explorer etc)

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Members_EMcPsE3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

After nothing else worked for me as well, I found this USB format procedure on a reddit post about an older G9 model where people were also having the issue of the file not being found. Same drive that my monitor couldn't find the file on worked after this. It did take about 30 minutes or so for my 32 gb flash drive to finish formatting, but after this I unzipped the file, plugged it into the service port, and instantly worked.

Format steps:

• Open a Command Window (cmd)
  • Enter diskpart
  • Enter list disk (it is important you KNOW which disk is the USB key you are formatting)
  • Enter select disk x where x is your USB key
  • Enter clean
  • Enter create part primary
  • Enter select part 1
  • Enter active
  • Enter format fs=fat32 label="Optional" (Label is optional - ensures USB key is labelled as ''Optional'' in Explorer etc)