Original topic:

New Feature/Setting Request for Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

(Topic created: 02-02-2022 12:52 PM)
Velidae
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I use my Samsung Odyssey G9 and totally love it, it's a perfect monitor for gaming, productivity, and combining the two.

It has three source inputs, and I use all three: Personal PC, Work PC, Nintendo Switch.

I would like to request an additional setting for the Picture in Picture (PIP) mode. As there are three source inputs and I use a specific mode type/screen ratio depending on which source, can you please create a "PIP Presets" feature so that dependent on the source input combination selected, the screen ratio is also autoselected?

During the work week I use the following ratio:
1/3 Personal PC : 2/3 Work PC

But when I want to play my Nintendo Switch, I want the following:

1/2 Personal PC : 1/2 Nintendo Switch

As it is now, I have to turn on PIP, wait for the monitor to reload, select source, wait for the monitor to reload, switch ratio, wait for monitor to reload again. It sounds small, but if I'm doing that every day or even multiple times a week, it is a major pain when a new feature could easily be introduced to just have saved presets. I love this monitor and I love the option of all the source inputs and PIP ratios, but this one setting would make things so much easier and more streamlined.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello there, thank you for the feedback regarding the feature/setting request and the suggestion has been marked for the engineering team to review. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
shunicorn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same request as this:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/New-Feature-Setting-Request-for-Samsung-Odys...

To be able to split the monitor into 3 (rather than 2) PIP screens using 2 display ports and 1 hdmi

Thank you