JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G5 horizontal flicker and Display Port crash

(Topic created: 03-22-2024 08:18 AM)
juspar
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got a new 34" Ultrawide G5 in January, it has, since day one had horizontal flickering noise.  I followed some threads and official suggestions:

• Replaced the Display Port cable that was mounted to my monitor arms with the one that came in the box.
  • Plugged the screen into a different power outlet in the room from where the computer and other peripherals are connected.
  • Replaced my desktop CPU.

Nothing seemed to resolve the issue, and in addition it now will go black, and come back up with an input source showing in the top left - I read this to mean that the source failed and then reconnected.

The drops do seem to be worse when I'm pushing it with games, but not exclusive.  I can be sitting at the desktop with nothing running and it will still drop.  Flickers are constant and driving me nuts.

Does this seem like a hardware/warranty issue at this point?  I've run out of ways it could be my fault.

System Information
Steam has detected the following hardware and software in your system:

Computer Information:

Manufacturer: Alienware
Model: Alienware Aurora R8
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:

CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x9e
CPU Stepping: 0xc
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3600 MHz
16 logical processors
8 physical processors
Hyper-threading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Supported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:

Windows 11 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570X
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 31.0.21910.5
DirectX Driver Version: 31.0.15.5186
Driver Date: 1 4 2024
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x2805
Revision: 0xa1
Number of Monitors: 4
Number of Logical Video Cards: 4
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 3440 x 1440
Desktop Resolution: 4080 x 3379
Primary Display Size: 31.42" x 13.15" (34.06" diag), 79.8cm x 33.4cm (86.5cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 8x
Primary VRAM: 16379 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:

Audio device: Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R)

Memory:

RAM: 48975 Mb

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes if freesync is off it shouldn't show up in that menu. Just want to make sure are you using a docking station to have the monitor plugged up to the PC. I know sometimes this can cause issues. Also, have you made sure to update the monitor to the most recent version available? And the last thing I would recommend is to factory reset the monitor and leave all settings at default to see if this still occurs. If none of this helped then the last step would be service. Depending on your warrant you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend turning off freesync to see if this issue is still occurring. If it is please make sure that your GPU monitor combination is compatible as not all Nvidia cards are compatible with freesynce and will cause issues like this to happen. You should be able to tell in the Nvidia control panel and you should see and option in the left drop done about gsync. Please let me know if this helps! 

0 Likes
juspar
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for that suggestion.  Freesync was no on. I can't find the setting in NVIDIA Control Panel, but maybe that doesn't matter if freesync was already off anyway?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes if freesync is off it shouldn't show up in that menu. Just want to make sure are you using a docking station to have the monitor plugged up to the PC. I know sometimes this can cause issues. Also, have you made sure to update the monitor to the most recent version available? And the last thing I would recommend is to factory reset the monitor and leave all settings at default to see if this still occurs. If none of this helped then the last step would be service. Depending on your warrant you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.