Original topic:

Odyssey OLED G93SC: Screen Blackout Issue Post Firmware Update 1006.3

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 10:22 AM)
Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Forum Members,

I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a problem I've encountered with my Odyssey OLED G93SC DQHD 49" 0.03ms(GtG) 240Hz HDR True Black 400 FreeSync Premium Pro Curved Gaming Monitor (Model: LS49CG932SNXZA). After updating the firmware to Version 1006.3, I've been experiencing an issue where the screen randomly goes black for about 15 seconds and then comes back on. This happens without any warning and is becoming quite a concern, especially as it disrupts my work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it, and how? Any advice or suggestions on troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to understand if this is a common problem post-update and if there are any recommended solutions.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

32 Replies
usereJdcl6RPon
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
How much did the replacement cost?
0 Likes
Cthugha
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mainboard replaced by Samsung Service on Monday, with older firmware installed (1005.2). Then no issue for 4 whole days. Yesterday I updated the firmware to the latest version (1006.2), and today the problem is back. I had firmware 1006.3 before the mainboard replacement. And no issue before I installed 1006.3 back in Jan/Feb.

So, the problem is most likely connected to the latest firmware. I'll talk to Samsung Service again next week, but I don't think they can do anything until a new fixed firmware is available. But I'll check with them if the firmware can be downgraded.

0 Likes
Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes, the latest firmware, version 1006, is definitely the problem. Since there are no technicians available in my area, they're organizing a pickup and replacement. I wonā€™t be updating the firmware again until itā€™s confirmed to work flawlessly. Honestly, Iā€™m almost inclined to ask for a full refundā€”this monitor has been nothing but trouble since I acquired it. Between the constant worries about burn-in and doubts over whether the pixel refresh is functioning correctly, itā€™s just too much hassle.

This is supposed to be a luxury item, especially considering its price tag. We shouldn't have to struggle so hard to get Samsung to understand and resolve an issue thatā€™s been ongoing for almost six months. These are premium monitors worth thousands of dollars; the current situation is ridiculous.

0 Likes