JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung G9 C49G97T and MacOS audio output option

(Topic created: 01-25-2021 04:42 PM)
usergvhSc0ZSLw
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

When connecting my Macbook with the G9 monitor via hdmi, the hdmi audio option does not show up (video is fine). Without this option, I can't select it as the sound output. I have the monitor connected to external speakers.  Audio works with Windows 10, just not with the Mac.

I also have a Samsung 49" CH90 that doesn't have this problem with the Mac.

Here's some how-tos, which doesn't help:

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204388

3 Replies
Solution
usergvhSc0ZSLw
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I appears to work if you change the HDMI input mode to 1.4 or if using HDMI 2.0, change the PC/AV mode to AV instead of PC. 

0 Likes
userxnKtPOXH8y
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is NOT a valid solution because it requires running at 1080p resolution, and using software to scale up to native resolution leaves text blurry. Also it causes flicker at the 1080p resolution when scrolling through images on a dark background with or without dynamic contrast enabled. PLEASE HELP FIND A FIX.

userU8PbYHEl7R
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue. I have Macbook pro 2019 and Odyssey G9, i connect my devices with DisplayPort 4k cable and the sound is missing. I tried changing PC/AV mode and i also tried using HDMI instead of DisplayPort but again i have the same issue. I cannot export my sound through Odyssey G9. Any help?