JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung SSD Better Or Consistent?

(Topic created: 02-05-2023 08:42 PM)
Malinda Ray
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I'm new here to the community and facing an issue with my Laptop. I recently gave my laptop to a computer hardware store to fix the speeding issue. He advised me to replace the hard disk with SSD, increase the ram, install windows 10, and remove windows 7. I agreed. After 15 days, he returned my laptop, and nothing was working. Windows is restarting repeatedly, and all my software, like AUTO CAD, Coral Draw, etc., is on this laptop. My work has been pending for 15 days; it takes more time to get things done. I asked the person what they did; he told me I had installed a Consistent SSD 256 GB and Intex RAM 8 GB. SSD is there but no RAM; what should I do now? I was working on a project where I was designing a modified car that was supposed to be custom-made by a local custom-built shop and gifted in California. I am feeling sad now; please guide me on what to do. Does a hard disk cause the problem? Or anything else? I have never heard of Consistent SSD, so is it good or bad?

5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Malinda Ray I would return to the place where you had the work done and have them resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
linda1962
Galaxy
Options
Monitors and Memory
I agree. Bring it back. If they don't fix it then write a review so people see the trouble you've had
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Monitors and Memory
I would get the original hard drive back and copy everything to a PNY SSD if I was you and leave the store a review to let everyone know about the store
0 Likes
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Malinda Ray 

I've never heard of that brand either. Is Samsung SSD better than "Consistent"? Yes. Samsung SSDs are considered to the the best in the world, with only a couple of other brands matching their quality and reliability, but "Consistent" is not one of those.

You said there is no RAM? Unless there is some built-in, non removable RAM, it should not be possible. Your computer won't boot into Windows without RAM.

Finally, based on your description, I would definitely suspect that the questionable SSD is the problem, but might also be RAM, if it is there and it's Intex, another brand I've never heard of.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

andrewmac221
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've never heard of that brand either, but go with Samsung.