JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text looks terrible on the Odyssey G7 32"

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 06:37 AM)
lacho
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I just bought the Odyssey G7 32" monitor, and I was shocked to see how the text looks like. I'm attaching a picture I took with my phone that compares the same text displayed on the G7 and on my other monitor:

odyssey-g7-text.png

I've tried many things - Windows ClearType (I use Windows 11), antialiasing settings, HDR, Sharpness - nothing helps.

Is this really how the G7 is supposed to display text? 

3 Replies
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Your UE590 is a 4K monitor with a higher pixel density resolution of 3840 x 2160 

compared to the G7 monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440.

The text sample will always look better on the UE590.

0 Likes
lacho
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Of course, I understant that. The problem is this is definitely not how text looks like on other non-4K monitors.

I have one other full-hd monitor, I may take a picture from it to show the difference.

This seems to be a known problem for this monitor with no solution. People say that this monitor is meant for gaming and you should stay away from it if you want to use it for work-related stuff.

The video quality is quite nice, but it's useless for stuff like programming - you will wear glasses after a few months.

I'm just hoping this is not really the case, and that there might be some other setting I haven't tried that will save me the effort of returning it.

ght
0 Likes
lacho
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well, turns out ddaniel51 was right - I plugged my old Full-HD monitor - and the text looks even worse. Seems like I had become so used to the 4K monitor that I thought that's how text always looked like... 🙂

So yeah, I guess it looks the way 2560 x 1440 is supposed to look like.

0 Likes