Original topic:

Google photos HELP

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 12:42 PM)
Ko_kochvz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Okay guys,
 As always yall are my good to for ally samsung questions 😁 ok so I have two separate google emails, one personal, one for work. Is there a way to back up my info to only one Google account instead of up backing up to both? 

Thank you in advance ☺️ 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Ko_kochvz Per a conversation on the Google help site:

Open Google Photos and click on the icon in upper right. and see your email tap the down arrow: You should see any other email addresses you have available, select the one you want.

Next tap the 3 bar menu: Settings: Backup & sync: and turn it off. Turn it back on again and it should immediately use the account you just made active.

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Ko_kochvz Your phone will only use one account for automatic backups. 

Open Google Photos and click on the icon in upper right. You will see the email listed at the top that Google Photos is using for backup. 

0 Likes
Ko_kochvz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Dang it , okay that's what I thought! So do you know how I can change the default back up? I thought I had changed it but this morning I woke up to my new email being maxed out too because it synced with the old one 🥺
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Ko_kochvz Per a conversation on the Google help site:

Open Google Photos and click on the icon in upper right. and see your email tap the down arrow: You should see any other email addresses you have available, select the one you want.

Next tap the 3 bar menu: Settings: Backup & sync: and turn it off. Turn it back on again and it should immediately use the account you just made active.