Original topic:

Unable to reset SSD T5 Portable

(Topic created: 11-06-2022 07:41 AM)
MinneNguyen
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Support Team,

I purchased a 500GB SSD in 2020, and haven't used it for a long time.

When I check it today, my password is not working at all, and there was no reset button on the app.

Please kindly help with this case as I am in an urgent situation.

Email me at <HIDDEN>

@Support Thank you so much.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bot_284619
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Connect your Samsung SSD to a Windows 7 based computer and make sure it is not the boot drive. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional.
2. Right-click the Samsung SSD and select "SSD Secure Erase". Please read the follow-up Note.

3. Select Samsung SSD from this list.

4. You’ll find Samsung SSD in frozen state. Don’t panic. It is just a protection for your SSD data. Do a hot swap to unfreeze it.

5. You should be able to click "Next" after the hot swap. Then Samsung SSD secure erase progress will start.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Bot_284619
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Connect your Samsung SSD to a Windows 7 based computer and make sure it is not the boot drive. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional.
2. Right-click the Samsung SSD and select "SSD Secure Erase". Please read the follow-up Note.

3. Select Samsung SSD from this list.

4. You’ll find Samsung SSD in frozen state. Don’t panic. It is just a protection for your SSD data. Do a hot swap to unfreeze it.

5. You should be able to click "Next" after the hot swap. Then Samsung SSD secure erase progress will start.