JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

m7 Smart Monitor not playing sound from MacBook over usb-c connection

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 12:21 PM)
usertMPTAnVIrD
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My MacBook displays and charges over the usb-c port on the display and detects the monitor in the audio settings, however I cannot get it to actually play audio when connected via usb-c. When connecting via HDMI audio is functional for my Mac and other devices but I cannot seem to get audio to work when connected to usb-c even after messing around with all of the device settings .

21 Replies
userQmOALC8QjW
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung could you please investigate into this issue. 

Thank you

user3Ks91aetp0
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem. When connect M7 Monitor to my MacBook Pro 16 with USB-C 3.1 gen.2 cable, the monitor doesn't play sound. Another problem is when connect the USB-C  cable Macbook sends signal after 1 or minutes. 

user3Ks91aetp0
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, have u found solution? thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon, everyone. There are a few things I am asking you to check.

If you have not already done so, please update to the latest software v.1101.0, available here:  DOWNLOAD LINK

Try using a different USB-C cable. When connecting the cable the first time, power down the Mac. (Apple likes it this way, don't know why)

Check the sound settings on the Mac to see if the monitor is recognized as an available audio device.

Connect a different device to the port to see if audio is presented to the monitor.

If you still have issues after trying these steps, please provide the following information.

Model Number:

Software Version:

Mac Product:

Mac OS Version:

This issue is being reported over the Mac forums with several different monitor models, so I also suggest posting this information with Apple as well.

0 Likes
Solution
EternalLearner
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for this help. Audio would not work until I found this thread. I had to combine your directions with the advice from uservDzzlLijjl:

1. I shut down my MacBookPro.

2. I plugged in the USB-C cable which came with the M7 Samsung Smart Monitor.

3. I booted my MacBookPro.

4. I opened System Preferences > Sound and selected "SAMSUNG"

5. I opened the "Audio MIDI Setup" app and was able to click on the SAMSUNG device there. I was not able to control volume controls through that app, but I can right-click (Ctrl-click) on MacBookPro Speakers or on SAMSUNG and choose that device for Sound Output and for Alerts and Sound Effects.

I'm not sure if I did another step in there somewhere, but I think that was all I did to make this work. I had been trying many things before, so maybe one of those was critical as well. Hope this helps!

usermPVYL8cF5i
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This solution doesn't work.

0 Likes
user1fkyNhPau0
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks. This solution worked for me with Macbook pro 2019 MacOS 12.3 and Samsung 43 M7 monitor. 

First in "Audio MIDI Setup", select some other audio device, say MacBook speakers, as "Use this device for sound output" via right click. Then select Samsung monitor as sound output. The flip operation fix the no audio issue to the Samsung external monitor. 

0 Likes
Pietro
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem 

Model Number: S32AM700UR

Software Version: 1101

Mac Product: MacBook Pro 16 2019

Mac OS Version: 12.0.1

0 Likes
cturnbull
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Audio output does not work with my MacBook Pro 2019 connected to the M7 monitor via usb-c. I made sure to select SAMSUNG as the sound output source, turn up the volume of the monitor via the remote, restart my MacBook Pro, and select SAMSUNG from the Audio MIDI Setup. None of these steps worked. Also does not matter if the lid is open or closed (with or without the Apple charger plugged in). I am also running the latest version of macOS Monterey. The Audio simply does not work. The monitor is on the latest software version. Please fix this.

Model Number: LS32AM7OZUNXZA

Software Version: M-KSU2SMWWC-1210.5 , BT - S

Mac Product: MacBook Pro 2019 16-in

Mac OS Version: macOS 12 (Monterey)