JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

m7 Smart Monitor not playing sound from MacBook over usb-c connection

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 06:33 PM)
usertMPTAnVIrD
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My MacBook displays and charges over the usb-c port on the display and detects the monitor in the audio settings, however I cannot get it to actually play audio when connected via usb-c. When connecting via HDMI audio is functional for my Mac and other devices but I cannot seem to get audio to work when connected to usb-c even after messing around with all of the device settings .

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userosYDLnrGg8
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got the same model and the same problem.

0 Likes
userybEGJNSaCe
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here - would also appreciate a solution!

0 Likes
uservDzzILijjl
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

To fix the sound, try adjusting macOS "Audio MIDI Setup" app. Apple should have put these settings in System Preferences.

Hope this helps.

usermPVYL8cF5i
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey Samsung, can't you get along with Apple at least once? Please FIX this issue. It only breaks when an Apple laptop is plugged in. By using another laptop brand, it "just works".

0 Likes
userYNhde54WRp
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue, Audio does not play through USB C on a Macbook Pro. How many more complaints will be needed by Samsung to fix the issue?

0 Likes
userPpe0LzWPrf
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue, Macbook Pro 16" 2020 edition. I am using duel M7 monitors, sound doesn't work from either monitor. Tried creating the aggregate device in MIDI setup with no luck. Both monitors are connected with USB-C 3.1 cables. Have been unsuccessful in getting sound to come out of either monitor, individually or grouped, with the exception of the menu sounds and apps on the monitor itself. 

Any solution is greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts! 

0 Likes
Members_903ijqr
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

same issue here please samsung solve this problem

0 Likes
usermPVYL8cF5i
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

To everyone that's being affected by this issue: RETURN THE MONITOR AND GET A REFUND. Samsung doesn't give a  about this issue so they don't deserve our money.

0 Likes
userYNhde54WRp
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The solution accepted as a solution in this thread does not work and it is still unresolved. 

I am facing the same issue, should there be another thread for Samsung to look into it?

userAjTldUKtlY
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem ! Samsung Please help us !