Original topic:

A54 5G Link to Windows problem

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 09:14 AM)
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I link to windows, the phone connects and I can see my messages and photos. I can also see the array of all my apps, but I cannot seem to actually use my apps on the computer.  Whenever I try to cast open the app, the phone screen window comes up and says it needs my permission to access my phone screen.  Then this screen shows on my phone :

Screenshot_20240130_115538_One UI Home.jpg

however, when I try to click on the "start now" button, it just disappears and the  box in my windows computer says that the phone screen seems to have closed., 

realaud_0-1706634608601.png

even though my phone screen shows that link to windows is active. This happens no matter how many times I try to connect. 

realaud_1-1706634765999.jpeg

It's as if the "start now" button is actually a cancel button.  

It's frustrating, because I would like to be able to access at least some of my apps on my computer because it would make certain tasks just easier.  I know I have an older computer, but the problem seems to lie with the permissions screen on my phone, since the phone actually connects to windows.

Anybody have any suggestions?

1 Reply
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So, no one can help with this? Incidentally, i have no problem whatsoever with transferring pictures, only mirroring the phone to use my apps on the computer. Can it be because I have an old computer which doesn't normally support casting?

0 Likes