JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot dowload Google Photos to my Samsung Gallery

(Topic created: 12-22-2023 03:25 PM)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My wife has some photos in her Google gallery that she didn't take with her A54 phone. She wants to have them in her Samsung Gallery so she doesn't need to be using Google Photos to see them. There are several online articles suggesting that after selecting the desired photos in the Google Photos app (running on her phone) there should be a "Save to Device" or "Save to Gallery" option under the "Share" option , but I cannot find such an option either under "Share" or elsewhere. Ironically, there seem to be dozens of ways to "share" the selected photos with various apps, but none of those apps is the Gallery, and there seems to be no way to add the Gallery to the list of apps to which one might share one's Google Photos. Am I missing something here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AlanBerkofsky
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Open the photo and touch the 3 dots on the upper right side of the picture. A menu will pop up with options and you can download from there. Sadly, with Google photos you can only download one picture at a time.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
AlanBerkofsky
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Open the photo and touch the 3 dots on the upper right side of the picture. A menu will pop up with options and you can download from there. Sadly, with Google photos you can only download one picture at a time.
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well thank you so much. This did work, but it seems strange that multiple sources online suggest that you can download from a multiple selection of Google Photos. So yes, you are limited to one picture at a time, but apparently not on everyone's implementation of Google Photos has this limitation.

THANKS SO MUCH. I am really at a loss to understand how normal people who aren't even as "tech" as I am use these things.

AlanBerkofsky
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Trust me... I'm as clueless. As much as I love Samsung there are too many overlapping apps that can confuse people. There are times I catch myself just staring at the screen trying to figure out whether I open the Google version or the Samsung version.

*I don't like the fact that with Google photos it's difficult to create content because Google photos will only provide a link you if you select multiple photos and that is pretty useless when you're trying to create content.
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yup. Actually I'm about to publish a whole article about the Samsung duplicate-app business, especially the Calendar app, which confused me into thinking that it was Google Calendar because it apparently knows how to access the Google Calendar data and looks confusingly similar to Google Calendar. Not only did I have to install Google Calendar after realizing this, but I also had to disable Samsung's calendar (I can't uninstall it) to avoid getting duplicate notifications of events. I don't know what Samsung's intent here is, but the consumer confusion is, I think, eventually going to cost them heavily.

0 Likes
boogal
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you David and Alan! This whole Google AND Samsung UI interface business has had me so confused since I bought my S22 Ultra one year ago. I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 way back when and loved it. I actually traded an iPhone 14 Pro Max for the S22 Ultra for a big loss. and have been struggling ever since with the dual interface. I thought I was basically getting another Note! Not hardly. I had to go to YouTube to set up my new S22. I hate Samsung's partnering with Microsoft, and you still have Google Drive. The actual handsets are beautiful. The software is bad enough to make me consider leaving again. Sorry, Samsung. Phones are way too important to be this confusing. Thanks again, guys.