JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging port melted A23 5G

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 11:40 PM)
jamie98s
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I bought a galaxy A23 5G and had to send it in for repairs almost immediately due to multiple issues like the usb port giving me notifications of something being plugged in then disconnected over and over, the phone/battery would get really hot when charging, and sometimes it would not charge at all. They "repaired" it for free the first time and sent it back pretty much in the same state and things only got worse from there until one day I plugged it in to charge and when I came back to check on it the USB port had completely melted from the inside out. Since my phone was still in warranty I sent it back in and now they are asking for $107 to repair it, even though it is still in warranty and was never fixed to begin with. I think this phone was just defective and slipped though the cracks and made it out of the factory with no testing or whatever. Do I have to pay for these repairs because I was under the impression their warranty is supposed to cover these costs like the first time I sent the phone in. I called them and they just kept telling me that my phone was IN WARRANTY but also deemed out of warranty because of the damage (the charging port melting) I used an official samsung wall charger that never gave me issues and now they are saying I damaged it and made it melt from the inside out somehow? How could I even do that?  Is there any way to get them to honor their warranty?

Oh and they deleted my last post, I guess they are not to keen on people posting about their negative experiences so Ill try to read any replies before they delete this. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, thank you for reaching out, and I can see how this would be cause for concern.

I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, thank you for reaching out, and I can see how this would be cause for concern.

I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

0 Likes