JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Choppy audio with specific kinds of Bluetooth headphones

(Topic created: 01-09-2024 10:18 PM)
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
After the One UI 6.0 update, my Bluetooth headphones have acquired HORRIBLE audio quality. They sounded flawless before, and nothing happened to change them. After this update, the audio chops horribly and constantly, and you can barely understand what you're hearing. I know that nothing is wrong with the headphones (they work completely fine on other devices), and it only happens with specific devices (some work fine, some don't.)

My headphones are JLab JBuds Pro. My device is a Samsung A54.

Fixitplease
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Terrible update. Have not been to able to use any BT headphones. Tried 3 different brands. Same choppy audio. Happened right after the update. Audio was fine, phone prompted update, I let it do its thing. Booted up resumed what i was doing only to find this issue.

Shame samsung. Makin me want to switch.
uh_huh
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Uh huh I'm using lvl headphones and it doesn't seem to be working.
SirDonas
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I havent tried this yet, but it sounds like the most likely fix. 

Heres the link. 

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/see-which-audio-codecs-your-bluetooth-headphones-support-with...

Solution
jwhman2002
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This worked for me. Enabled developer mode went to developer options and toggled "Turn off A2DP hardware offload". My Jlab headphones are now working proper again.
BirdyMay
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This worked for me also!!! Thank you jwhman2002 you saved my sanity and my phone!
jkyt07
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
after looking through so many posts saying to reset the wifi connections, this finally fixed the stupid issue
Azaireathena
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you sm. I hope it doesn't have any effects.

Members_m7SvUdD
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Turning off A2DP worked for me, thanks !

Thiago_Pinto
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you so much for your help. I couldn't find any answers online. God bless you!

0 Likes
picklevic
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Had this issue with distortion on my Jlab Studio classics after changing from S10+ to A54. This fix worked šŸ’ŖšŸ» turn off A2DP hardware offload.