Original topic:

HELP. How can I transfer my Google Drive photos to my laptop and thumb drive!

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 01:29 PM)
userjuNpQdAg7e
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
HI. How can I transfer my photos from Google Drive app, Google Photos app and Gmail to my laptop onto a thumbdrive? I am out of storage space and do not want to "buy" anymore space! Thank you.
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For Google photos, you can go to photos.google.com on a computer and then click on the album of the photos you want and then go to the three dots on the upper left of the top menu bar (only appears when you make a selection) and then click download.  I don't know if that deletes them automatically from the cloud, but at least you can save them to the new location and then delete them manually from the cloud (don't forget to empty the trash or you will still have no space).  The process should work the same or similarly in Gmail and Google drive.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

FYI, downloading them from Google Photos doesn't automatically delete them from the cloud. This would need to be done after they are downloaded. 

Gmail is separate. You would need to delete the messages. The fastest way might be to log into mail.google.com on your computer and delete them.