Original topic:

Samsung A03 photo transfers to a Windows 11 PC

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 01:09 PM)
TomWinslow
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

A friend recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy A03 and sought my assistance to transfer photos to my Windows 11 PC. Despite my recommendation for an iPhone, citing cost, he chose the A03. With over 20 years in IT and familiarity with iPhone transfers, I've explored various resources, including YouTube and internet searches, to resolve a specific issue.

Upon connecting the A03 to the PC, I receive a prompt to 'update the device's settings for media transfers', despite following standard procedures. Unfortunately, the A03's interface lacks the expected options for enabling this feature, leaving me in need of guidance.

3 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Does the A03 not have connect to windows? It's a featue of windows 11. Both the phone and the computer need to be on the same wi fi network. Coonect to windows essentially majes the phone an extension of the computer. Photo and daya transfers couldnt be easier.
0 Likes
TomWinslow
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm using a USB cable to connect the phone to a PC running Windows 11. Upon connection, the PC acknowledges the A03 with a customary sound indicating an external drive has been connected, and the A03 appears on the Windows 11 interface. The issue seems to be a specific setting adjustment needed on the A03 to facilitate the desired function.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Link to windows is easier than USB transfer, and you wouldn't need to find whatever setting you are looking for. Although, I have found, before Link to Windows, when you connect a USB to the phone, you have to choose how the cable will act (as a charger or data transfer) usually there's a pop-up notification when you do it, but lately the phone's OS assumes it's charging unless told otherwise. Android made it much more difficult to get to that setting since rolling out Link to Windows. You may find this article helpful if you still want to use USB to transfer: https://screenrant.com/how-change-usb-settings-android/

0 Likes