JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Never option is not available for screen timeout

(Topic created: 02-18-2024 01:05 PM)
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So I have a A15 galaxy and I noticed that the screen timeout doesn't have the option to set it to never. The maximum I can set it to is 10 mins. Maybe there should be an update to maybe add that option?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on the screen recording feature and I will be more than happy to assist. 

The Screen recorder feature is available on phones and tablets with One UI 2 or later, you can also capture funny memes, your epic gameplay, reaction videos, or show a loved one how to do something on their phone. Screen recorder will not record phone, VOIP calls, or video calls. Additionally, some apps may block the screen recorder feature due to copyright restrictions. Availability of some features will vary by model and software version.

Screen recorder is available on the Tab S6, Tab S7, Tab S8, Tab S9, Tab A8, Tab A9+, Galaxy S10, S20, S21, S22, S23, Note 10, Note 20, Z Fold, and Z Flip models. The Galaxy A25 5G, A54 5G, A53 5G, A52 5G, and A32 5G also support Screen recorder.

View solution in context

13 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm fairly confident the reason there isn't a "never" option for screen timeout is to reduce the risk of screen burn-in. 

il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
oh okay!then i have a another suggestion, I didnt see screen recording on my phone anywhere so is it possible there could be an update with that included?
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Screen recording is accessible in the quick panel. If you dont see it, it may be one of the hidden buttons. Click the pencil to edit the quick panel buttons and add or remove the ones you want and reorder them to the order of frequency you use them.
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
i do not see it unfortunately
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did you try the edit function? The quick panel only had room for so many buttons. The others are hidden and can only be seen when you edit. Pull the wuick panrl all the way doen. On the top right is the edit pencil. Click that and it will show you two images, one of the brief QP an the one on the right with the full quick panel. Select the edit button under the image on the right and it will bring up an upper and lower screen. The lower screen has buttons you can add, but you may have to remove a button for each one you add.

From my memory, the screen recorder was originally there by default, maybe on the second screen (scroll to the left, there are three panels, so if you only looked at the first one you might have missed it.1708311470395.jpg
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
still cant find it and i did exactly that.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It should be there. Look closely at all the icons, as some look similar.
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
its not there, i only found screenshot. If it is there though what does it look like? again im on the A15 galaxy
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
i might have to look into getting help from Samsung because i cant see it no matter what i do. My phone is the same as yours too.