Original topic:

Samsung A54 Whatsapp problem after One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung a54 phone at Bestbuy for my elderly mom. Right away, I updated the software to latest one UI. Right after the update, a problem with Whatsapp began in which recording voice messages would work intermittently. Some messages were recorded and others were muted. I did some online research and it appears this is a known issue after the latest One UI update, especially with owners of the Samsung A54. I just bought the phone and I am still within my return window at Bestbuy. What do you suggest I do? Very disappointed with Samsung. 

I already emailed Samsung and tried all of things they told me to do. Nothing works. Restarting phone, reinstalling app, clearing WhatsApp cache and data etc. 

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

15 Replies
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the A54. Have t had any issues. Are you in the US? If she isn't messaging or calling abroad she really doesn't need the app. I know they just did a huge update. They warned about security flaws.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Maybe the problem actually lies with WhatsApp and not Samsung.
0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This problem started after the One IO update. I will most likely return the phone to Bestbuy and exchange for another Samsung A54. If the problem continues, I will return again and simply get an Apple phone. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Maybe WhatsApp isnt yet compatible with the new OS. No reason to return a whole phone over something that is not the phone's fault .
0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just bought this phone. The customer should not be worrying over whose fault it is. The customer just wants everything to work right. I still have seven days left to return this phone. 

0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just returned my new Samsung a54 at Bestbuy. I was not charged a restocking fee. I am so sad because I liked the price/value of the a54 so much. I now have to spend much more money on another phone. I am still wondering if other Samsung a54 users with the latest one io are experiencing the same issue? Iā€™m so frustrated. Now my elderly mom has no phone. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have an A54 that I bought unlocked from Amazon.  I've had no problem with it at all from day one.  My update went fine, and everything works.  I do not use WhatsApp, so I can't speak to that.  I am certain, though, that the problem was with WhatsApp, NOT the phone.  Apparently, that app was important enough for you to give up a whole phone, rather than either use it as is or find an equivalent app or contact the app developers for assistance.  You could always buy another A54 and see if you have the same problem.  I thought you said you were going to do that anyway, and if the problem continued you were going to Apple.  Here's a tip:  If everything works properly, except for one app, it's usually the app.

What's so important about WhatsApp anyway?

0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for the advice. Yes, Whatsapp is the app my elderly mother uses the most. She uses it to communicate with family and friends in other countries. Specifically, she uses the voice messaging feature the most. She receives and sends voice messages several times a day through WhatsApp. It is of upmost importance to her. 
I on the contrary, donā€™t use Whatsapp at all, just like you. 
I guess we all have our different needs. 
yes, yesterday I returned the $350 phone at Bestbuy. The geek squad employee told me that he thought the problem would most likely continue if I exchanged to another A54. Besides, they did not have any other A54 in stock. I was so frustrated that I decided to just return the phone. Now my elderly mom has no phone. I just have to decide on plan B. Itā€™s a shame because we both loved the phone but she needs her WhatsApp to work properly. If I decide today to buy another a54 to try the WhatsApp feature, the price has gone back up to $450. I am so curious to know if other a54 users that have the latest one UI, if they are having issues with the voice messages being recorded properly after various intents. 
thank you

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does she have her old phone to use in the meantime, til you get her a new one?  Personally, unless they are totally unusable, I always save my last phone as a backup, so I have something to use if anything goes wrong, or the new one breaks or gets lost down the line. The old phones are always usable as an extra internet device anyway.

I'm not one to trade a device in.

0 Likes