JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userMqwKDHsy4k
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This is terrible, I'm going to go ahead and return the TV.  I have been a Samsung person for years, phones, 4 TVs,  Surround Sound, Microwave, Refrigerator, Dishwasher.  My wife gets super pissed every time it switches in the middle of a movie or TV show.  We bought a Nintendo Switch and it changes the source automatically sometimes multiple times in a minute.  This will be the first Sony I have purchased since college. 

UnrelentingLoaf
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I went to universal remote and deleted the hdmi it thought was xbox so it cleared as a clean port. Stuff doesnt auto turn on now even tho xbox is in that port 🙂

0 Likes
JRMontana
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yes!! Thank you. It was doing some crazy stuff when deleted Apple TV and my Xbox one x from universal remote. Now I can see info when I push center button. Also it was getting confused on which source I had it on and not engaging FreeSync on my Xbox automatically. When I would look at info when on Xbox source it would show Apple TV source info. I think that universal remote thing is buggering lots of things up. At least I hope. My TV is only three days old. Sending it back if this don’t work. 55UN8000 firmware 1153.1 

0 Likes
JRMontana
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

BTW this TV is a insurance replacement.  Other samsung TV went half dark after 2 years. I’m getting frustrated with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Holoosinate
Constellation
Options