JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userqvLq2YNclx
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

So basically with the new update, if you turn off Anynet+ it fixes the auto-switching? Am I understanding that right?

Yes. So far so good.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thanks, do keep me updated if it changes!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SadRobot
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Sounds promising - if I don't get the update in a day or 2 I'll do it manually.

I was expecting the fix to make switching optional, but it sounds like it disables it altogether?

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

That's how it sounds to me, to have it switch if you want it - keep anynet+ turned on- and if you want it off disable Anynet+. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
rknox
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie:   thanks for clarifying.   Do understand though that it certainly appears that Samsung made an assumption (or decision) that the only people connecting a PC to the TV are those who just want a bigger screen to present their desktop on (with the configuration assumptions that go along with that mode of operation).   The HTPC use case, where the PC is actually the content engine for the TV, in the same way a blu-ray player or a set-top box etc is, is used by many people, and as such they want to have control over the way the TV behaves.   You are making it difficult for those people to use the TV.

Furthermore, as has been pointed out by many other people on this thread, the user should have the ability to configure the input settings, name them, and have them stay that way.   I really don't understand Samsung going to the trouble of providing configurable hdmi inputs, only to override them with some assumptions about what users will and will not do.

Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

That's how it sounds to me, to have it switch if you want it - keep anynet+ turned on- and if you want it off disable Anynet+. 

SamsungCole I may have missed the point here because I want to keep Anynet+ enabled for a variety of reasons  (soundbar etc) but I do not want the  TV to autoswitch simply because  my PVR has woken up.  I haven't  had the  1180 update yet but I hope the fix is more substantial than stop using Anynet+, the PVR waking  up autoswitches the TV even with Anynet + turned off on both appliances.

userbhqbTkKrBI
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This is horrible. I push the menu button on my Apple TV and the DVD turns on and the input switches over to it.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We try.  We will be forwarding your suggestions accordingly. Input is always appreciated.  

0 Likes
userQ4EGhJHRFN
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have an older model UN60F7100 Smart tv. I have connected to HDMI 1. How do extend the auto find feature or completely turn this off and have it be active? 

0 Likes
usernJsbe9Zkg1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Larry L wrote:

Everyone in this thread - we've made it on to The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/18/15658876/samsung-tv-2016-automatic-hdmi-switching-...

I would suggest that everyone else do like I did and submit tips to Gizmodo, Ars Technica, Endgadget - any other tech news sites you can think of - with a link to this forum thread. Perhaps the coverage will push Samsung for an answer.

And, the author must have liked the language I used to describe the situation.

usernJsbe9Zkg1 wrote (2 weeks ago - edited 2 weeks ago):
EDIT: I just want to thank Nintendo. This issue would never have gotten Samsung's attention without a major product exhasperating the issue.

@Paul Miller @ The Verge wrote (5/18/17):

It's especially exacerbated by the Nintendo Switch

I may not spell, but apparently Paul Miller at The Verge thinks I can write. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!