Original topic:

Rearrange Apps in Smart Hub

(Topic created: 10-27-2020 08:30 PM)
userU1jKJL3yjb
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have series 7 43" TV. 

I watched the video on how to rearrange the apps that I pressed Home button -> Apps -> Setting (gear icon) -> click on app that I want to move -> Move. 

However, even though the order does change there, the order on the Smart Hub still does NOT change.

Most of them are pre-installed apps that I cannot even try to remove the app from the TV and install it again, which then I will be able to set the order when I install the app. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Press and hold the Enter button on the app tile you want to rearrange on Smart Hub, and a drop down menu will have a Move option.

View solution in context

7 Replies
user4tSZbyGmhA
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same problem. 

Solution
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Press and hold the Enter button on the app tile you want to rearrange on Smart Hub, and a drop down menu will have a Move option.

user0hff2HKl1z
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same problem with series 7 43" tv. There is no option to move in the drop down box. Only delete & lock. 

0 Likes
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
The drop down menu is only available when you press the Home button and long press Select the app tile you want to move. I think you're in the Apps Store Settings page, which shows only delete and lock.
user0hff2HKl1z
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

You're right. Thank you so much!

userEACkCoDPZn
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you Thank you Thank you.   I have called Samsung Support 3 times and spent hours trying to solve that problem.   I even said to the Samsung folk "there must a single switch I am missing" but no one ever told me about the Long Press.

0 Likes
user0hff2HKl1z
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same problem. There's no option to move on the drop down. 

0 Likes