Original topic:

S90C OLED Screen Saver coming on constantly

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 07:24 PM)
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just got this TV a couple days ago. Whenever I am watching over the air channels the screen saver comes on every few minutes. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to start happening, but when it starts it comes on every minute or two. Anybody know how to fix this issue??? I seen another post on the S95 having the same issue. I need to figure this out soon so I can take this thing back if I have to. 

a-a-ron75
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I installed this last night.  24 hours later and it seems as this has fixed my problem with the screen saver coming on all the time.  The Chat Together app was also reinstalled, but doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

Thank you for the tip!

0 Likes
joes981
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

hey guys just wondering if updating firmware from 1310 to 1319 has helped with screen saver coming on,also can someone tell me if the 1319 update will work with my S89C because if i go to Samsung and put in my model number QN77S89CBFXZA no update for me to download but i read the S90C and the S89C are basically the same,also i tried secret menu and that did not work can someone tell me what where the values for the for screen saver waiting time and screen save method because i changed both to 0 but took a picture before i changed it but picture was not good what  values where before i changed them   thanks for any help

0 Likes
Chuparam
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

So far so good. Left tv on for two hours using the Antenna and connected to the internet. No standby screen. Fingers crossed šŸ¤ž 

0 Likes
joes981
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

thanks for the reply no update for my S89C said Samsung tech however i did do the chat together shut off notifications and accepted terms and then log out on my Samsung account on tv that was 3 days ago so far i have seen no pop up screen saver funny thing is it say it will come on after 2min when no movement on screen but when i was streaming from my NVIDIA shield and paused just to see my screen saver never came on after 3 min, only came on ota channels, still trying to find out what that screen saver wait time value was and what screen saver method was before i changed them to 0 i put the screen saver wait time to 2 and the screen saver method back to 1 i think that was what they where thank again

0 Likes
joes981
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

anyone know what is the best setting for the adjust logo brightness  is high or low i put mine on high thanks

0 Likes
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Never did any firmware update to mine, but I did shut off notifications on the Chat Together app about a month ago and so far so good no screensaver. The only time Iā€™ve gotten the screensaver is when the Chat app auto updated and the settings went back to what they were previously. Pretty sure this is a fix, at least for me.

0 Likes
userpzcjh45NMe
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello all,

I got on and asked technical support on this issue, and they suggested doing a "cold restart" which amounts to shutting the TV off, unplugging it, letting it sit for 2-3 minutes, then holding the power button down on the remote for 30 seconds while the TV is still unplugged.  Then plug it in and turn it on.  

For me, this seems to have fixed the problem.  Of course, I'll have to see how it acts in a few days...

0 Likes
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hard reset has not worked 

0 Likes
Vettesniper
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

"...holding the power button down on the remote for 30 seconds while the TV is still unplugged. "

What did the Samsung Tech say doing this would do? If the tv is unplugged I can't see how it would be able to respond to any Remote Control inputs.

0 Likes
Sawadee
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Read the post just before yours. Reported to work. Assume you posted without seeing this.

0 Likes