JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UN55RU7100 flickering issue

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 01:00 PM)
Members_CX4ejjH
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This morning my TV had an issue with the right side going completely dark. I thought it was a LED issue and tried to shake the TV to see if it's a bad connection. It momentarily fixed the issue for few seconds and then the screen went off. After turning on the TV, it started flickering ON/OFF with a black screen. You can also hear a slight click as it goes on/off.

Any clue what part of the TV needs replacing to fix this issue ?

3 Replies
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@Members_CX4ejjH Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd be pleased to be of assistance to you.

Is your Samsung Television plugged into any sort of Power Strip or Surge Protector? If you are using a Power Strip of Surge Protector. Please plug your Samsung Television directly into the Power Outlet without any sort of Power Strip or Surge Protector.

If you have found that this resolved yor issue. Please let me know. I will also post another reply with further instructions so you can continue to troubleshoot your Samsung Television.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
If you continue to experience technical difficulties with your Samsung Television. It is not possible to troubleshoot physical issues or make a formal diagnosis about the issue you're experiencing.

When Contacting Samsung Support it will be helpful to provide:

The Full Model Number of your Samsung Television:
The Serial Number of your Samsung Television:
The Date and Retailer you Purchased your Samsung Television:

I can provide you with the Samsung Customer Care Information here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@Members_CX4ejjH I don't work for Samsung Corporation of any of it's Affiliates. What I do know about your Samsung Television is this:

1. Your Samsung Television is Edge Lit. The LED strip(s) are located at the bottom of your edge of the display
2. Based on the information you provided. Your Panel is a VA Panel Type

It sounds like the LED strip has a shorted LED or multiple LED's on the Right Side of the LED Strip. Usually there are two LED Strip bars connected together. They run consecutively along the bottom edge of the display. The internal Power Supply outputs an expected consumption voltage to the TV's LED's. When the expected power consumption output to the LED's from the TV's Power Supply is lower than expected. (What the TV's Power Supply Expects should be consumed) Your TV will protect itself! Your Samsung Television is protecting itself from further failure. When an LED strip fails. It will cause your Television Screen to go Black.

Another potential issue could be a faulty Flex Cable that runs to the LED Power Strips of the Televison. Seeing as your Television is out of the Manufacturers Warranty at this point.

You have a few options:

1. Repair your Television Yourself or have it Serviced
2. Purchase a New Television

You can find further information on YouTube about how to repair your Televison, and the the likely costs it will cost you.

Again, I thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you, and I hope that I have been of assistance to you on determining your next step(s) in the process. Thank You!

***Tip: You can prolong the Life of your LED Television by keeping the display brightness as low as you possibly can accept. Heat is the enemy of LED's and Electronics. Often LED's fail because of the amount of heat they output. Having your Screen Brightness Maxed out shortens the Lifespan of any LED Televison.***