JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung URU7100 flickering issue

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 04:31 PM)
ROSSRP88
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello. I’m having an issue with my URU7100 TV. it’s a little under four years old, and have no issues up until now, and can think of no cause. 

A few weeks ago, a slight jump or flicker appeared on screen, occurring every few seconds.  It’s minor, but very noticeable to me. 

I thought I resolved the issue by unplugging from the mains and restoring factory settings. At first the jump/flicker was gone, but returned after approximately 3.5 hours. 

I can replicate this process but unplugging from the mains for 30 mins, but annoyingly the flicker returns a few hours later. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Is the Flickr happening from a hdmi connection or streaming? Or does it happen on every source and streaming?
ROSSRP88
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello, thanks for your reply. It’s on every source, so I can rule out connection issue.

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
The one thing it could be other than defective is dust or debris touching board components. I would blow it out as good as possible maybe even remove the back panel if you feel comfortable and see it a good clean helps
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hey there!  Out of curiosity, how is the television being powered?  If it's been plugged into a surge protector, could you try a direct outlet connection to see if the flickering continues?  That has been known to cause some issues with flickering in the past.  

ROSSRP88
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you so much. Problem solved!

0 Likes