JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Things to be discontinued on TV

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 08:00 AM)
Dr_Rob1
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I just read Smart Things will be ending for TVs the end of February 2024 thru the Google Assistant. This is the best way for me to control my TV as the small solar remote just does not work in my hand, as the touch reference points on the remote are minimal and the keys small.

I understand companies like Samsung and Google having difficulties, but usually there are other options in place before discontinuing a service. As I understand it, only oral control thru Alexa and Bixby are available, which doesn't seem good if one is just browsing or has many hoops to execute to get to content - and then share all commands with all persons in the room. Or imagine if you have a large  group of people in the room and doing oral controls.

Are there any other options to which I am unaware ? Wifi is so much better and infrared, and I used the One Connect feature to put all the electronics on the other side of a wall out of site. Feeling **bleep** with a new TV.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Smart things isn't stopping only the Google Assistant will stop being supported 

Important: Due to a change in Google's policy, Google Assistant will no longer be available on Samsung TVs beginning March 1st, 2024. Check out other options for voice assistants on Samsung TVs.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087603/#:~:text=Compatible%20Samsung%20TVs-,Important...

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Smart things isn't stopping only the Google Assistant will stop being supported 

Important: Due to a change in Google's policy, Google Assistant will no longer be available on Samsung TVs beginning March 1st, 2024. Check out other options for voice assistants on Samsung TVs.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087603/#:~:text=Compatible%20Samsung%20TVs-,Important...

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Dr_Rob1
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you for clearing up my confusing on this topic. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Your welcome happy to help 

0 Likes