Original topic:

Stop adding apps

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 11:20 AM)
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Samsung please stop adding apps to my already small hard drive space on both of my samsung tvs. You have the apps as not being able to be Uninstalled & you are just wasting my hd space. I love your tvs as I also purchased the sound bar but I am unhappy with not being able to uninstall apps & the U.I on the smart tvs are horrible....sorry but it needs improvement. If you can make my galaxy phone U.I. so gorgeous then why can't you fix the dam smart tv U.I.?
15 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Well that's a different comment than  the way I interpreted your original post.  Just like phones, there are certain apps that are part of the software release which apparently have arrangements with Samsung. 

As for moving away from Samsung, I'm a firm believer in buying what makes you happy. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I wasnt talking about phones.... insaid tv in my comment
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I know, I was just comparing the issue of which you speak with the same issue on phones and that hasn't changed in decades.

I once started to read the fine print in the licensing and warranty info.... You know, that tiny, voluminous fine print that most of us never read, and it was clear that we don't have many, if any rights with regard the software.  It's just the way the digital world is. 

My 2024 QN90D also only has 4gb of ram.  Seems that that limit is getting a bit long in the tooth and that it should be bumped up to 6gb but who knows when that will occur. 

My new QN90D is just an amazing TV as compared with my 2012 Samsung LED that it replaced.... which was just an amazing TV as compared to the rear projection Sony LED that it replaced... which was just an amazing TV as compared to the 27" Motorola CRT that it replaced......  🙂 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
How much storage in the q90d? The storage in the q80c is 4 gigs.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

4gb

Bill
---
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
So no matter what tv you buy.... small storage. They better get thier act together
0 Likes