JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 02-23-2020 04:28 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

82 Replies
userJXUKpiS7CW
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Unboxed and setup the Model No UN50RU7100F - BestBuy purchase on Friday August 30.

Using a Netgear C6300 dual band wireless router and Netgear WN2500RP Wireless extender.

All of my Apple products connect with no issue. iMAC 27" and two MacBookPro i9, in addition to iPhone XR, and 3 family iPads with no problem.

Connection issue: WPS setup does not work for this TV.  Default was to use the SSID setup that all of the devices above use, the Series 7 does not find. Cold reboot worked then lost connection, 3 days in a row. Even tried adding to my router manually. Samsung TV comes and goes.

I hate the idea of using an ethernet cable to the extender for obvious reasons, so I'm thinking of bringing the unit back to BestBuy.

userxKWcCd1MyU
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

i had same problem…was in fact a router issue. For some reason the router setting was to “block” this device. I managed to ID the device (the Samsung TV) based on IP address and, using the router software, selected “unblock” and everything back to normal. who knows why the router decided to block this device…????  Netgear XR500...

userhYC9yTgkK1
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My boss had me over to look at her Samsung because she has the same problem. I have read many hundreds of similar problem and seems that firmware update is needed, sounds like an enormous technical problem Samsung had and released to the public before checking if their product worked, pretty amateur if you ask me. And to update the firmware isn't common knowledge for many. She doesn't have a flash drive or a computer with a USB connect to download the new update. This should be an issue Samsung can update right to the tv with no work required by customer. I am loyal to LG but do respect Samsung products, but it is beyond me how they let this issue hit the assembly lines without noticing it. 

usert5MNfejTAt
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I continue to have this same issue with my UN55NU6900. Will a permanent fix be coming soon? Considering selling our Samsung for some else to get rid of the problem.  Shouldn't have to deal with this daily or even multiple  times a day.

userCyehushrKW
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My TV will lose connection to the internet after updating to 1271. It was doing it before until I updated it to 1270 which fixed it then but now it's back with 1271. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

To resolve the issue and to get the TV to reconnect, you will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
dirpubsaf
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

SOLVED!  WIFI CONNECTABLITY AND TURNING ON AND OFF

I had a Comcast / Xfinity (ISP) technician come out today because all 5 of my Samsung TV’s had stopped connecting to the internet and were suddenly turning off and on.

After hours of work and replacing ALL of the boxes and modem, we were unable to get connection or stop the turning off and on.

It just so happened that I had a Netgear EX700 wifi extender available.  Wanting to test another piece of equipment I plugged it in and was able to immediately to immediately connect to the wifi.  Then just out of curiosity I wirelessly connected the Samsung TV’s to the extender. Voila they connected to the internet and the TV”s stopped turning off and on!

After the technician did some further testing he was able to figure out that Samsung’s wifi connections were not compatible with recent Comcast / Xfinity (ISP) upgrades to their system. And that the TV turning off and on was the TV’s system being overloaded by trying to connect and simply reboots.

So it’s very likely that your ISP has done some type of upgrade or reconfiguration that is causing your issues.

Unfortunately for me, I swore off Samsung devices after months of dealing with this issue and I ended up giving away my new Samsung 65” TV to my Aunt and bought a new LG 65” OLED at considerable cost to myself.

Unfortunately, the tech nor I are able to determine if the Samsung issue is a software / firmware or hardware issue.

Samsung if you listening, you had better get this figured if you want to stop the troves of customers fleeing your brand!

As for me, I am done with all of Samsung until they get their products fixed.  Besides, so far I am very pleased with my new LG television!

* For reference, one of my televisions (the oldest) is a UN48H6350 and I had all of the TV’s upgraded to current firmware.

userhYC9yTgkK1
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Totally agree, seems like Samsung is doing absolutely nothing to correct the hundreds of complaints on this issue. To see them post that you need to hold power button down and power off and hold until it powers on is just a sorry excuse of resolving the issue. It's obviously a firmware problem that they cannot correct and they have to be losing customers over it. It is not an ISP issue on Xfinity's side, my boss has frontier and has the same problem and many complaints about this issue have stated they have different ISP providers. I am glad I went with LG. I would be furious if this happened to me after dropping $600-1500 on a tv. 

userqD7vB59UD1
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have a Samsung NU6900 TV and am unable to connect to the internet to stream Hulu, Netflix or Amazon. I can connect fine on my laptop and phone. If I get lucky and it does connect the sound goes in and out the whole time, as it buffers along. 

0 Likes
userf9FoweAPzP
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I'm having issues to connect to the internet.  My internet connection is working fine but the tv can't connect to the internet.

0 Likes