Original topic:

TV Turning off - UN50CU7000F

(Topic created: 12-16-2023 02:41 PM)
ixlsrvcanada
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have two brand new 50" 4K TVs, complete model # UN50CU7000FXZC, acquired last November.

the TV turns off after 10 minutes that my hdmi device goes offline and wont turn on back again if the pc goes on. it will only turn on if I use the remote for that.

I have updated the OS on both tvs, turned OFF the Screensaver, timer off time and everything else that I can imagine on the tv related to power savings.

I want to hang the TV on the wall and use it during working hours without having to use the remote. All my samsung monitors that share the same OS do resume the image if I do that, but not the TVs.

Samsung support representative solution was to return the tvs. It feels that this is a Tizen OS / Samsung OS bug. 

Is that any settings or anything else that could be done here?

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have an older Samsung smart tv, the UN32EH5300FXZA. The settings might be different but similar. My tv has the GENERAL and Eco Solution in the SYSTEM section.
Go to your Settings menu using your remote, go to GENERAL, and then go to ECO SOLUTION. Select the Power Saving Mode, and select the OFF option to disable it.
Also recommend that you try unplugging it for a few seconds to soft reset it, which should help. My tv did that too after I started using it.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have an older Samsung smart tv, the UN32EH5300FXZA. The settings might be different but similar. My tv has the GENERAL and Eco Solution in the SYSTEM section.
Go to your Settings menu using your remote, go to GENERAL, and then go to ECO SOLUTION. Select the Power Saving Mode, and select the OFF option to disable it.
Also recommend that you try unplugging it for a few seconds to soft reset it, which should help. My tv did that too after I started using it.