Original topic:

Hanging And Heat

(Topic created: 06-12-2023 04:22 PM)
dmperkins74
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi folks! 

Looking to get a Frame for our new home. Want to hang it over the, which will have stone. Has anyone here mounted the frame to stone and if so, do you have recommendations for mounting equipment (or were you able to just use what the TV came with?)

Also, has anyone had issues with the TV getting too hot because it's too close to the wall?

Thanks,

Dan P. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I don't know how much space the one it comes with gives. You need several inches of space for ventilation. I got a separate one that I can push against the wall or pull it out and angle it if need be when I have company.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Many people have had issues regarding heat because it's too close to the wall. Make sure you leave ample room for ventilation.
0 Likes
dmperkins74
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Does the in-box mount provide enough space? Or do folks get third party mounts?

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I don't know how much space the one it comes with gives. You need several inches of space for ventilation. I got a separate one that I can push against the wall or pull it out and angle it if need be when I have company.
dmperkins74
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

@Diaboyos, how did you determine that you need several inches of space for ventilation vs, say, just an inch? Is there any Samsung documentation to that effect? The TV is literally designed to be almost flush-mounted. I could put some 1 inch foam pads on the back to give it SOME ventilation, but not several inches. The difference in cost between foam pads and a third party extendable wall mount is significant 🙂 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
From being here for years and personal experience. You may could get by with 1 inch if you had a fan going to move the air behind it constantly. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I know it's designed to be flush and right against the wall but I've seen more posts than I can remember over the years about burned walls.
0 Likes