Original topic:

OLED S95B Series QN65S95BDFXZA screen saver

(Topic created: 08-19-2023 11:11 AM)
BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When watching over the air/antenna programs, the TVs screen saver comes on every few minutes and is really annoying.

Anyone have this issue too, and how did you fix it, if so?
I can't find any USB update files for this model either.
113 Replies
JMill
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
No such issues here. Least it's not a hardware failure like to first produced units were prone too.
I know it's an inconvenience, but maybe just not having over air will have to be for now.
0 Likes
Litorall
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Starting today, August 26, 2023, I am having this issue as well when watching football on broadcast TV (where the image is definitely not static).

I did not make any changes to the TV (purchased 10 months ago) so I suspect an automatic Samsung software update has caused this issue. I am on firmware version T-PTMAKUC-1520.7, BT - S, which is the latest version as of August 2023.

It's really annoying to have to press the remote control exactly every 2 minutes to bring back the picture.

I have pixel shift turned on, auto power saving turned off, adjust logo brightness set to low (tried setting to high and it made no difference).

I'm ready to throw this TV out the window. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I already tried doing a full Reset, that didn't help.
Johnnyrockets
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here. In particular with football. Anyone have any luck getting a resolution to this issue?

FLgobucks
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue, it is driving me crazy as I watch live TV only for football and every 3 minutes it kicks in and I have to press the ok button on the remote to make it go away. I will NEVER buy a Samsung TV again if there isn't a fix for this ASAP.

BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I was told it was fixed with a firmware update, but since I bought my TV at Costco, it has a slightly different model number so the firmware update doesn't work. šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
Litorall
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I have the latest firmware as mentioned in my post above, and it seems to me that this latest update is what caused the issue for me.
BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
and there is nowhere to adjust the screensaver.
Litorall
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Only in the hidden service menu. Doing so will potentially void your warranty. I don't plan to go down that path.
BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I'm not in warranty. How do you access the service menu?