Original topic:

OLED S95B Series QN65S95BDFXZA screen saver

(Topic created: 08-19-2023 11:11 AM)
BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When watching over the air/antenna programs, the TVs screen saver comes on every few minutes and is really annoying.

Anyone have this issue too, and how did you fix it, if so?
I can't find any USB update files for this model either.
113 Replies
ryanwhicks
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Happening again today.  Watching Texas/K State and it just happened.  Hadnā€™t had it happen for a while until just now.

0 Likes
bhmpower
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have had my TV for about three weeks and itā€™s always had this issue.  I have spoken to customer service, a total waste of time.  Their final suggestion was to hold the remote control in my hand while watching TV so I can push a button to regain the signal when this happens .  I have asked for this to be escalated but have no faith in that group.  Iā€™ll be talking to my TV store rep tomorrow and might just have them come and rip it off the wall. 

0 Likes
MembersTimN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes, it does to me too all the time and it's extremely annoying, plus then it dims so dark you can't see it. Also mine has so many more problems than that, and after a years worth of many problems and service calls, even replacing the brain, its still all  up! Turns itself off while watching it, middle of a movie, TV, doesn't matter, picture freezes and you can't get out of it or even turn the TV off with the remote or on the TV itself, have to unplug, plus Q-Symphony dissappear to never return even after multiple unplug and plug ins, and the list goes on from there!

0 Likes
ryanwhicks
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have watched football all day today and havenā€™t had the issue UNTIL I changed channels.  I watched football on Fox all day.  Never changed the channel.  I changed it to SNF on NBC and now itā€™s doing it during the game and during commercials.  Hello Samsung?!?!?!  Are you there???  Put out an update and fix this!!!

0 Likes
MembersTimN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

After my 3rd motherboard for many problems, including Q-Symphony disappearing all the time, I finally fixed that problem by hooking it up with the optical cable to the HW-Q67CB surround, it seems the TV Nas problems with the HDMI e-arc.

0 Likes
screen_toucher
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Check and see if the channel you are having the screensaver issue on is a "nextgen" OTA channel. I think that is where the issue is.   Whether its extra data in broadcast (chat window or something) causing it or tv is not detecting the image properly for the nextgen's im not sure.  

I dont watch football but noticed it on regular shows last night which doesnt make sense as there is no static images.   Didnt matter what nextgen channel i was on either....they all did it.  So after playing around a little bit i found a football game that was having the issue too.   I pulled the same game up on the non nextgen channel and screensaver doesnt activate.   Same with the other show i was watching.  Left it run for about an hour while doing some house work.  I dont really watch ota much but definitely want it to work properly if i need it.   That screensaver  is aggravating to say the least.  I can only imagine the sports fan loosing it, lol.

Not sure about everywhere but in central florida most of the main channels have a standard and nextgen channel.  You could go and edit the channel list and remove the nextgen until samsung decides to patch.  Or just make sure you know which one is standard and nextgen and choose standard version.    

See if that helps.  

EDIT:   I dont have s95b..... I have an s90c

Tfarm2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I think you are on the right track. I live in south Alabama and only have 3 Nextgen channels. the screen saver only starts while watching one of these channels. I have a S89C that is only 4 days old. When I watch anything on YouTube TV all is fine. When I watch the same program on Non Nextgen channel 3 no screen saver. I can switch to Nextgen TV channel 3 and the screen saver starts every 2 min. Samsung needs to address this problem PDQ. We pay too much for these TV's to put up with this nonsense.

0 Likes
PBH
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

From San Diego. S90c Costco tv.

No next gen channels here yet.

Same screen saver problems since purchase a few days ago. Tried some changes to the chat app and seemed to work but came back, possibly after a soft TV off then on cycle. Back hard this morning during OTA Michigan v Ohio game.

Went to Power and Energy Saving and set Auto Power Savings to ON.  No screen saver since though it hasn't been long. See if it stays good for a while (for another qtr!) before I dare change channels or get out of my chair...

0 Likes
gixster
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When watching on ā€œlive tvā€ it times out but if I watch ota live tv on ā€œSamsung tv plusā€ it does not time out, more of a easy work around then fix, but it works

0 Likes
PBH
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

How do you watch OTA live TV on Samsung Plus? 

My Samsung Plus list has 300+ channels but my local OTA Fox isn't in there. 

At the moment, 2nd quarter of Michigan vs Ohio, screen saver is not showing up. Since I set Auto Power Saving to ON. ???

0 Likes