JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q900R 8K TV and firmware upgrade 1372

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 04:52 AM)
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The TV was well incorporated into my home theater setup before this update.

I have a Oppo bluray player  plugged into a Denon 8K Receiver. The receiver WAS sending an 8K signal to the tv's hdmi  Port 4.

(picture=Sweet / Sound=ditto). It WAS a amazing home theater  experience.

.....Then the firmware was updated to version 1372.

The TV no longer accepts an 8K input signal.

Words fail me.

Grrr.....

0 Likes
13 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have serious reservations about doing a factory reset, which would wipe my identity from the TV and cause me to have to sign in to all of my  paid subscription accounts (No simple feat).  Netflix, Youtube, and Prime Video alone are daunting challenges and they are just for starters.

As it stands, the troubleshoot quide in the TV no longer mentions anything about 8K input (where it use to) and there's no indication it is currently supported. 

Is it?

0 Likes
Solution
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

RESOLVED!

The TV allowed a few moments viewing of content from the AVR before blanking the screen and declaring the 8K signal an "UNSUPPORTED RESOLUTION".

It had no issue with the signal up until the firmware update, so I checked the specific signal it was having an issue with,

It turns out the TV says it was receiving a resolution of 7680X4320 (which shouldn't be a problem)  But ,it receiving it at 24P and not the expected 60P.

I'm not sure how that could happen since the Denon hardware dosen't have that in it's list of options.

Either way, I went into the Denon Settings and changed the "Video/Output setting"  option -Resolution (HDMI)  from Automatic to 8K. 

I then changed the "4K/8K SIGNAL FORMAT" in Denon's settings panel back to 8K.

JOY

My Samsung TV is back to where it should be. 

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS IN THIS MATTER!

0 Likes
userJd90W4zfVy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Now if they could get on it and fix their problem of 8K streaming from their Youtube app!  It's been over a year for that wait.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I don't believe they plan to ever fix that. (hardware limitations).

While the screen is excellent  for 8K images, the internal apps simply cannot send 8K signals. Instead, we, as end users end up buying an 8K capable device and connecting it to HDMI 4.   Playstation 5, an 8K capable home theater, or some other device that can send an 8K signal. The same applies to atmos.

If you want it, the easiest way to get it is with some other device connected to a Atmos capable  home theater...and the screen is just that...only a screen. A very good one.

0 Likes