(Topic created: 03-15-2024 01:48 AM)
capnfalkon
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Permanent fix for eARC Soundbars:

Goto All Settings \ Sound \ Expert Settings

Switch eARC to Auto

I've been using it like that for days and days - no drops!

=================================================================

Temporary fix for non-eARC Soundbars:

Goto

All Settings

Sound

Expert Settings

DiGital Output Format

Select PCM

Works for me. Couple of hours without a single drop.

Id suggest we each take this with your local Samsung distributor. The more pressure we put on them the better.

==============

Original Story:

I have a per of QN90c 75" TV and a Q990B soundbar.
After the TV was updated I immediately noticed sound drops with my soundbar. The drops would come at random intervals. Resetting the TV does not help. Neither does changing sound modes. Output via TV Speakers seems to be working fine drops-free.
Searching online i found a few more similar cases with different Samsung TV models and Samsung soundbars affected by the same firmware.

Here's one:

issu with sound after last update - Version 1402.5 - S95C : r/S95C (reddit.com)

JUMP TO SOLUTION
185 Replies
MattyDaddy76
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just to confirm I am also having this issue since this new 1402 update!! It seems to mostly occur connected to hdmi vs wireless. I have the 65q90c with the q990c! Both were bought brand new. 

however, there are other major issues since the update. 

1. The picture on the Q90C seems slightly fuzzy compared to how it was prior. 
2. I have to turn HDMI -eArc mode “off” in order to get Dolby digital/plus from ANY source! That includes all the streamers, YouTube, dish network, etc. I’ve tried everything option with no luck. As long as it’s turned off, Atmos and all other Dolby formats come thru the Q990C. 
2a. Since the update, selecting auto-eArc to “auto” permanently sets the q990C to “stereo pcm” regardless of source (except in atmos codec). *prior to update, q990c would adjust to the source content with the exception of dish network that required the Digital Output to be set to “pass-through” *** “auto defaults to stereo pcm regardless *** 

3. The *123 “quick settings” button will only enable the quick settings option for about 3 seconds then it timed out before you even have time to hit the next setting option. 
3a. Quick settings feature is also massively delayed compare to how fast it was prior. 

4.  The Q990C is still dropping wifi signal on a regular basis  I usually have to reset and re register the soundbar about once or twice a week 

5.  The soundbar when connected to hdmi has this “static like” sound coming from different speakers in the system.  Mainly from the center channel but also sometimes the rears as well as the subwoofer seems to cut out about that same time 

5a.  Yes, I’ve changed hdmi cables numerous times, even ordered a new one I thought was a quality cable off Amazon, only to realize the hdmi cable that came with the bar worked better.  Hdmi either works or doesn’t.  When connected over wifi, static sound doesn’t seem to happen as much  

Sorry for the long reply, I’ve been trying to find the words to express the problems I’ve been having.  Almost everything worked fine in both 65q90C and Q990C prior to 1402.5 update except for the wifi dropout  

Please advise! 

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

What apps and contents are you guys experiencing the audio drops on?

0 Likes
shtirliz_dev
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

See my comment below

oleksiiderkach
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

All apps and also when audio is streamed through ps5 for example.

0 Likes
shtirliz_dev
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

First encounter was with Plex (and I thought that was the problem). Then I switched back to built-in DLNA content browser, played a few movies (different ones) and had the same issues. Then I decided that it could be some connection problems and put all those movies to an external SSD drive and connected it with USB right into Once Connect Box - and had the same issue again.

So, the problem is not related to some app or internet connection.

I have only two "seems to be working" scenarios:

1.  mini PC connected to HDMI + soundbar (no issues if input signal comes from HDMI)

2. using TV speakers without soundbar at all

0 Likes
shtirliz_dev
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We are re-watching Castle TV series and there is a lot of seasons and they all have the same format. Update to 1402.5 happened right in the middle of one of the seasons, so I've clearly captured the moment when the problem had started 🙂

0 Likes
oleksiiderkach
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue with 1402 update with S95C. It’s very frustrating. Using soundbar the audio is flickering from time to time.

What can we do to diagnose it and fiz with some sort of a hotfix. Appears on Hdmi-eARC connection

ludOh29200
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The Sale problem too HW-Q60C/ZF + Neo QLED
TQ65QN90C Samsung told me to wait .... 😞

LudOh
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Interesting. I'm also on 1402.5 but have not experienced the audio drop yet. Is it a split second drop? How often does it happen for you?

0 Likes
shtirliz_dev
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

It depends, sometimes it could be 2 or three times within 15 min interval and then it will repeat only in hour. Sometimes it's every 30 mins or so. There is no clear pattern, except it will definitely happen at least once in an hour.

The drop itself is less than second but noticeable and distracting.