Original topic:

QN90C - Live Sports Color Issues

(Topic created: 09-08-2023 06:19 AM)
needsdecaf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello:

I just purchased a QN90C and I'm having issues with colors while watching live sports.  I have had the following things occur:

Image becomes oversaturated to the extent it loses details: Turf and Grass on baseball and football fields gets so "pushed" digitally that some parts become a mass of green with no detail.  

Colors are so "enhanced" that they change tone (i.e. Orange becomes red) and have a "digital" look and a slight blue halo

Colors are so "enhanced" that they become another color.   Watching football, the white uniforms became a blue / gray color (as did the referee stripes and the field lines).   

I've tried resetting the picture to factory settings, turning picture from Dynamic to Standard, adusting color, contrast, brightness, etc.  Some things help but not completely fixed.  

Your help is appreciated.  Thank you.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey, welcome to the community! I can definitely understand your concern here. I need the Packers games in my life! Let's try to get this situated for you as soon as possible. We can try a few different methods to do this. Running a picture test, doing an HDMI test, and updating the firmware can help you determine how to fix the problems.

Run a Picture Test on the TV.
Navigate to Settings, select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, select OK, and then view the test. You can select Yes if the picture looks normal, No if there is a problem with the picture, or Show again to see the picture a second time.

Determine if the discoloration appears during the Picture Test.
Look for the discoloration on the screen during the Picture Test. If there aren't any, this means your TV is working fine.

To identify and fix the issue, first try replacing the cable of the external device that is showing lines.

If the discoloration still appears after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.

If lines appear during the Picture Test, proceed to the next step.

Test the HDMI cable.
Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. The test is designed for HDMI cables less than 2m long and may not produce good results on longer cords.

To perform the test, navigate to Settings. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis, and then select HDMI Troubleshooting. Select the HDMI connection you'd like to test, and then follow the instructions on the TV.

If the test says there is an issue with the cable, replace the cable. Service is not required.

Update the firmware over the network.

Software updates generally take a few minutes, so do not turn off the TV until the update is complete.
Video and audio settings may be reset to their default settings after a software update.

If your TV is connected to the internet, follow these steps:

Press the Home button on your remote.
Navigate to and select Settings (gear icon).
Navigate to Support > Software Update > Update Now.
Your TV will check for the update and should start downloading the update.
After the update is installed the TV will shut down and restart.
Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

Download the firmware from Samsung.com
If your TV is not connected to the internet, follow these steps to update the firmware:

On your computer, navigate to the support page for your TV.
Click Downloads, and download the latest firmware version 
Extract the firmware to the root of a USB thumb drive. (Do not put it in any folders on the thumb drive.) If you do not have a USB thumb drive, you can find one on our website.
Connect the USB thumb drive to a USB port on your TV.
Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes.
The TV will install the update and then restart.
Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

If it is only occurring when you are watching sports, you may want to contact the service you use to watch sports with.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey, welcome to the community! I can definitely understand your concern here. I need the Packers games in my life! Let's try to get this situated for you as soon as possible. We can try a few different methods to do this. Running a picture test, doing an HDMI test, and updating the firmware can help you determine how to fix the problems.

Run a Picture Test on the TV.
Navigate to Settings, select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, select OK, and then view the test. You can select Yes if the picture looks normal, No if there is a problem with the picture, or Show again to see the picture a second time.

Determine if the discoloration appears during the Picture Test.
Look for the discoloration on the screen during the Picture Test. If there aren't any, this means your TV is working fine.

To identify and fix the issue, first try replacing the cable of the external device that is showing lines.

If the discoloration still appears after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.

If lines appear during the Picture Test, proceed to the next step.

Test the HDMI cable.
Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. The test is designed for HDMI cables less than 2m long and may not produce good results on longer cords.

To perform the test, navigate to Settings. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis, and then select HDMI Troubleshooting. Select the HDMI connection you'd like to test, and then follow the instructions on the TV.

If the test says there is an issue with the cable, replace the cable. Service is not required.

Update the firmware over the network.

Software updates generally take a few minutes, so do not turn off the TV until the update is complete.
Video and audio settings may be reset to their default settings after a software update.

If your TV is connected to the internet, follow these steps:

Press the Home button on your remote.
Navigate to and select Settings (gear icon).
Navigate to Support > Software Update > Update Now.
Your TV will check for the update and should start downloading the update.
After the update is installed the TV will shut down and restart.

Download the firmware from Samsung.com
If your TV is not connected to the internet, follow these steps to update the firmware:

On your computer, navigate to the support page for your TV.
Click Downloads, and download the latest firmware version 
Extract the firmware to the root of a USB thumb drive. (Do not put it in any folders on the thumb drive.) If you do not have a USB thumb drive, you can find one on our website.
Connect the USB thumb drive to a USB port on your TV.
Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes.
The TV will install the update and then restart.

If it is only occurring when you are watching sports, you may want to contact the service you use to watch sports with.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location