JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Picture Washed Out and Reds are Far Too Strong

(Topic created: 08-18-2024 12:34 PM)
Samsung_UOVNMMf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a Samsung 50-Inch Class QLED Q80B Series - 4K UHD Direct Full Array Quantum HDR 8X Smart TV and the picture is washed out and red colors are far too strong, almost like they're glowing and drowning out nearby colors. This happens on all modes, TV, Streaming, DVDs, etc.

I've tried changing settings, but none have been satisfactory. I've tried changing the brightness, the contrast, the Color, Tint, Gamma - I've gone through every available control and the changes are minor, but never satisfactory.

I have a second TV, an older one that this new one replaced, which has the exact same DVD player attached. A DVD played on the older set is perfectly fine with no color issues, but when played on the new set, everything is washed out and the reds are too strong.

I've always assumed that the technology of the TV is the root cause, that, maybe, if the media is made with the advanced tech in mind, images will show up properly. But, this has always struck me as a very weak rationale.

Further, I bought this set in 2022 and I don't recall live shows - not recordings, streaming, DVD, Bluray, etc. - having this washed-out look until the last six months or so. Maybe I just didn't notice for some reason, I don't know.

I have updates set to apply automatically and did a manual check just now, too. No updates are available.

Was my rationale correct and I just have to live with this, or is there something wrong that needs to be addressed?

Thanx for any assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! @Samsung_UOVNMMf Thank you for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with this issue. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. I suggest that you reset the picture settings sometimes, TV settings can become misconfigured. Try resetting the picture settings to factory defaults. This option can be found in your picture settings menu. Also, check HDMI cables to be sure there's not a faulty wire can sometimes cause color issues. Try a different cable or port to see if that resolves the problem.  I know you mention there are no updates but it's still good to double-check if your tv is on the latest firmware. Sometimes updates may not automatically apply due to network issues. 

If none of the above solutions work, I recommend getting a qualified technician to inspect the TV. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
No, you shouldn't have to live with the issues , but you should contact Samsung Support for assistance. Your TV may have hidden settings that require a technician to adjust. Reach out to Samsung for support.
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! @Samsung_UOVNMMf Thank you for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with this issue. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. I suggest that you reset the picture settings sometimes, TV settings can become misconfigured. Try resetting the picture settings to factory defaults. This option can be found in your picture settings menu. Also, check HDMI cables to be sure there's not a faulty wire can sometimes cause color issues. Try a different cable or port to see if that resolves the problem.  I know you mention there are no updates but it's still good to double-check if your tv is on the latest firmware. Sometimes updates may not automatically apply due to network issues. 

If none of the above solutions work, I recommend getting a qualified technician to inspect the TV. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.