JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Q70A Bluetooth pairing crash with sony headset wh-1000xm4

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 09:45 AM)
plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi, for around a week now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working. 

Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.

STR:

• Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
  • I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
  • On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
  • I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
  • In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
  • The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'

The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) or bose speakers and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.

Please, I know SmartThing is a different department, but please be smart and forward it internally not to make me waste my time

I have found a workaround, it is not working 100%  of the time but often:

• Hold the power button of the TV remote so it close and also restart while still pressing the button
  • Pair the headset right away
  • Open Netflix after
  • I was able to pair it 3 times yet this way.

Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to @TargetPriority there

1. Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
  2. Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
  3. Select you bluetooth device then click connect
  4. Audio work in the bluetooth device

Note: The only disadvantage is that you can't use the TV remote for the headphones' volume control 

Thansk also to @vustinas that shared it even before but did not saw it!

In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!

@Communityuser3049203 By counting US & CA post, we have around 40 persons reporting this issue, can we have any help on this? Or any statement or update?

Reported Sony model related to this problem:

• WH-1000XM5
  • WH-1000xm4
  • WH-XB910N
  • WF-1000XM4 (Fixed with Sony firmware update (v2.0.0)
  • WH-CH720N

Other TV model affected:

• AU800055
  • AU9000
  • QE55Q60AAUXXH
  • q800
  • 55Q80A
  • QE55Q80AATXXH
  • 90AA85
  • QN65Q80
  • QN75
  • QN900A
  • QE65QN90AATXXH
  • QN94aa

Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.

BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
72 Replies
denisek
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same problem with my Samsung QA75Q60AAW XXY TV and Sony WH-1000MX4 headphones. Rang Samsung and after 2 hours on the phone rudely told not a Samsung problem and to contact Sony.

Rang Sony and made sure current firmware was on my headphones and reset them to no avail. Told issue is due to a Samsung update (version 2111) which was released late 2022.

Rang Samsung again and after another 1-2 hours on the phone the representative finally admitted that there are a number of people having the same issue and they are working on a fix which hopefully will be rolled out in the next update. The representative could not tell me when this would be.

Not good enough Samsung and unless there is a speedy response and some recompense for the inconvenience of having a defective product and WASTING A WHOLE AFTERNOON OF MY TIME FOR AN ISSUE THAT THEY ARE FULLY AWARE OF BUT WILL NOT OWN UP TO, I will never purchase another Samsung product again and will actively tell others to avoid the Samsung brand.

Another issue I have with Samsung is that my product is registered on my Samsung account and it would have been polite for Samsung to inform all registered owners of products affected by email for A KNOWN ISSUE so that hours of customer and call centre staff time are not wasted unnecessarily.

Yes I am angry.

plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

lol, I'm surprised they have admitted to you that they are working on a fix! They never told me they had acknowledge the problem. I'm glad to see they did not turn a blind eye at least!

But thanks for having rang them and state your problem! I'm sure every one of us that did it increased their awareness of the problem.

I have a little bit more hope now, but Samsung support needs improvement in their feedback still!

0 Likes
Hessianhighfashion
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Also having this issue, was working fine then suddenly started experiencing this issue

Eherrera1971
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here with QN75 and Sony WH-1000XM5 

Bose headphones and Apple Airpods works fine.

Sony supports told me that I have to buy a A2DP accessory. It doesn’t make any sense for a new TV.

panselmo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same situation's here. I got two QN90s, one is 2021 ,the other is 2022 model. Everything's went ok until I updated from firmware v2101 to v2111.1  Since then neither pairing nor connection working with my Sony WF1000XM4 earbuds. This is redicolous and disgusting Samsung!!! What kind of politics is this?! Bluetooth connectivity is NOT an option if the TV is capable, this is a STANDARD!!! The other disgusting thing is that they are send us to Sony support, because the issue is crystal clear!

Kokagokad
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello

Can you please specify your TV model? My TV QN90B should be delivered witching couple of days and I started worrying if my TV might be affected too.

thanks a lot

0 Likes
ilieflorin
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you for the workaround!! You can control the volume by swiping the right headset from down to up.

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm4/v1/en/contents/TP0002752781.html

Form me it is TV QE55Q60AAUXXH and wh-1000xm4. It started after with 2111.1 version. I tried to restore the previous version but it seems that this is not supported by Samsung. You cannot revert an update. This is the information I received from Samsung support.

I contacted support, they remotely connected to the TV and reset it to factory setting (still the same operating system). They said to wat few minutes, reconfigure the TV an retry.

It was not working.

I escalated this and I am waiting now for someone to call back to see how they deal with this situation. I use this TV 80% with  the headsets.

My workaround was to try connecting up to 15 times, until it was working. My problem is that I do not want to break my headsets by pressing 15 times the power button each time I want to connect. It seems that somehow it works if you manage to connect immediately after restarting the headsets.

Ljk1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just to add I'm having the same issue connecting my Sony xm4 headphones to my QE50QN90AATXXU TV. I can still connect my old Sony xm2 headphones, though - perhaps because they were paired before the latest TV firmware update? Current fw is 2111

vustinas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones recently received a firmware update (v2.0.0). The connection issue with a Samsung TV seems to be resolved now.  My Samsung TV hasn't received any update.

TV Model: QN90A (QE55QN90AATXXC)
TV Firmware: 2111 (T-NKM2DEUC-2111.1)

Kokagokad
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

That's great news really. Can you tell us what the model of your Samsung TYV and current firmware? 

0 Likes